cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In partmer Function can I create different number ranges & account group for this type of partner.

Promotional Partner ( Stockiest / Promoter / Organizer)

Forwarding Agent ( Transporter can be determined at delivery )

Handling Agent

Account Manager (Customer Accountability)

Sales Executive ( Sales Accountability ).

Please give me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Poplu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In partmer Function can I create different number ranges & account group for this type of partner

Hi ,

Number range for the Customer Creation is generaly attached with Account group(OVT0).you can create partner function like SP,SH, in (VOPA).You can Create Create Partner Determination Procedure and assign with Account group like SOLD TO PARTY(0001),SHIP TO PARTY (0002).

Regards

GNM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create any no of different partner functions in SAP. At the same time we can difine different no ranges for each of them. When ever we want to define different Partner functions we need to define different account groups for the same.So that we would maintain different no ranges to them.

Usually we have the std partners called SP,SH,BP,PY. We know that one Sold to party can have any no .of ship to parties,Bill to parties,Payers.We can do this through Partner determination procedure in std sap. For each and every partner we will define seperate acc group and maintain different no.range.This account group decides

1.Which fields and screens are to be displayed during the creation of CMR.

2.Wheather we can or we must make an entry in those fields or not.

3.How customer master numbers are to be generated either by the system automatically or by the user.

4.Which partner functions are valid for that particular customer master.

So Basing on our requirement we will go for different acccount group.

We can use one account group to any no.of partner functions.If we do so same no ranges will be applied to the remaining partner functions also.

If we want to maintain different no ranges for different partner functions we need to maintain different account groups respectively.

Steps need to follow in partner determination

1.Define account group (FI people can do this)

2.Define partner functions

3.Assing partner functions to respective account groups

4.Define partner determination procedure

5.Place partner functions in the procedure

6.Assign partner determination procedure to the account group.

Basing on these settings partner are to be determined in the sold to parties master data.

But we have to assign partner determination procedure to the account group of sold to party,If we maintain different account groups for different partner functions.

Award me points if this answer is useful to u.

Regards,

Revan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can create Account Groups with this partner functions...you need to do...Maintainn this PF in you Account groups.

Regards

raj