cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to excel function is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am having a problem using the export option that is available to export table data to an excel sheet.when i click the submit button, the ouput displays in the table and then when i click export i get an exception which say:...

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.xml.ALVXMLCellCollector.collect(ALVXMLCellCollector.java:105)

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.xml.ALVXMLDataRowCollector.collect(ALVXMLDataRowCollector.java:207)

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.xml.ALVXMLDataTableCollector.collect(ALVXMLDataTableCollector.java:67)

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.xml.ALVXMLTableCollector.collect(ALVXMLTableCollector.java:114)

at com.sap.ip.bi.alv.export.ALVExportXMLBase25.export(ALVExportXMLBase25.java:95)

... 87 more

and i dont get this error when i dont use "user data" connector ( a connector that contains the personal data of the user ) or when i dont click submit button to get the output.

can anyone slove this problem?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz elobarate your design time.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem is solved.It was due to a numeric field in the output of the table not due to USER DATA connector.This field is basically ´"COST" and it takes decimal values.So i just changed the value of this field to

=FLOAT(@cost) ( this converts the text string to a floating point number or you could use NVAL(@cost) even this would work )

the export function worked !!!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you tell me the procedure that you have followed..

Regards

Manohar