cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Data Types are not getting reflected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I made some changes to my data type by taking out some elements and hence I also made the changes in the corresponding mapping (graphical). I expect these changes to get automatically reflected in the configuration and that way in the communication which uses these message types and mapping programs. But the issue is that when i check the payload of these messages, I can see the communication channel, messages etc still using the OLD data structure. I mean the payload has still the elements which I had actually dropped. Why is it so?

Why Communication Channel is not taking the updated message type for sending the messages? Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Thank You in advance,

Mansoor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you Activated the Data type and then refreshed the Message Mapping as it asks you to re do mapping once if you change anything the structure of Data type and do activate message mapping.

After activating Message mapping try to activate Interface mapping as well, then test your scenario.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Runtime Monitoring Workbench you will see the Cache Monitoring component.

Click on this you will find Cache Instance with the following entries:

1) Integration Server(ABAP Cache)

2) Central Adapter Engine

3) Mapping Runtime Cache(Central Adapter Engine)

When you select any of the options and click on the button 'Show Cache Status Table' the cache status of all the component is shown. Normally this will be in green, but if by any chance if any component is in Red then you have to clear the CACHE. Recently encountered the same problem and I have rectified the problem by clearing the cache in SXI_CACHE do a delta cache.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cleared the Cache, both Delta and Complete, but still ended up with the same problem.

I am still looking for solution to this issue.

Regards,

Mansoor.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Message Mapping,at the source side we have an option like:

--> hand icon with question mark(nothign but input help).

-->click on that.

-->click on Source message.

-->Search for Repository object

and now select your required message type from that options and before going to ID test the mapping in Message Mapping only.Now Definately the changes will trigger.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After u had done changes to the data types,save it and activate.close all the message types,message interfaces and mapping and again open then automatically the changes will occur.but coming to mapping we must map the src and tgt fields,if u change the entire structure of data type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do full or delta cache refresh

http://<server:port>/CPACache/refresh?mode = full or delta

Regards,

Sreeni

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

re-activate all changes ,refresh cache and refresh once....it works..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you all for the responses.

How to refresh the IR cache?

Regards,

Mansoor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Use the administration of you PI Start Page and navigate to cache status overview. There you can partially or completely refresh the caches.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. Answered weith the wrong user.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I do not have authorization to do this. But I can go to Integration Builder -> Environment -> Cache Notifications and Clear SDL Cache. Would that be helpful.

My all Cache Notifications are green signals.

Thank you,

Mansoor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

No this will not help, because it just clears the SLD cache the IR and ID are using at design resap. configuration time.

If you do not have sufficient auth's I think you'll have to stand up and search for a guy having the authority to do that

And you are sure that all your changes in the IR are released?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I willl ask the admin to do that.

I have activated everything at my side. So hopefully when he clears the cache, this might work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor!

Did you activate your IR change list after having changed your data types and mappings?

If so what about the cache refresh status in IR? Are all lights green?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to reassign or activate the comm channel.

Moreover check ur cache contents in IR. It would not been refreshed.