cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE "Security Provider" not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently running XI 3.0 with SP14. I can not get the J2EE engine to update with the users on the ABAP side. Here is what I have run tried:

1. The "Assign Applications Roles to user groups" button says it is successful but no users are added and no roles assigned.

2. I verified in the "UME Provider" that it is pointing to "dataSourceConfiguration_r3_roles_db.xml"

3. SLDCHECK is successful.

4. "http://server:50000/CPACache/refresh?mode=full" returns succesfull.

5. I have started and stopped the system several times.

6. I have ran all check programs with success (AKA SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS, and so on...)

7. the XISUPER user can log into the Int. Builder and Int. Directory.

Ok so I could create the users in the ABAP and the J2ee side but I do not watn to manage both places. Is there anything else I can check??

Please Help i am at a stand still.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleaning up old tickets.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for teh quick responce Moorthy. I am afraid that I have went over much of this while trying to resolve the issue. I am currently not having a problem with the SLD:

/people/sunita.gadapu2/blog/2005/03/04/resolving-sld-authentication-problem

"Solution: This can be solved by manual assignment of security roles to the user groups. Open Visual Admin and go to Server->Services->SLD Data Supplier and go to tab HTTP Settings. Then click on this"

I have done this and this is the part that is broken. After doing this I go the the "Security Provider" in the Visual Admin and I do not see any of the users that I have created on the ABAP side... When I do this in my working DEV system I see all the ABAP users and the roles/groups are assigned to them.

I created a user in the ABAP side but he does not show up in the Security Provider part of the J2EE. I am sure it is something very small that I have to find but I am running out of places to look.

Thanks again Moorthy, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just one more hint. May be useful for you.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for teh responce and I am sorry for the delay on my responce. I ended up just rebuilding the entire system. Something happend with the support packs that created errors in teh system. After SAP logged in and checked my ssytem out they told me to jsut rebuild the box.

Thanks again,

Paul

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Following link may give some hints

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8c/2ec59131d7f84ea514a67d628925a9/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

/people/sunita.gadapu2/blog/2005/03/04/resolving-sld-authentication-problem

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy