cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Drop-Down list stopped working after installation of EP1 for NW 7.0

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we installed Enhancement Package 1 for NW 7, SP3. Previously it was NW 7.0 SP 18.

Before installation of EP1 I created some models in VC that were working fine.

After installation I opened model and redeployed again. After that some parts of models are not working at all:

1. Dynamic values for drop-down list. I use custom BAPI to get values from backend system. this BAPI has some input paraments (e.g. distribution channel, VTWEG). The distribution channel is selected by user (another input element, e.g. input field). In Entry List property of drop-down list I choose (in expression editor) VWEG as one of input parameters for BAPI which returns values for drop-down list.

Previously drop-down list was updated depending on user entry in VTWEG (at least when on different layers, I didnt check in the same form though).

With EP1 the drop-down list doest not show ANY value (though BAPI returns values even is case of empty VTWEG). Actually BAPI is simply NOT CALLED at all, if there is variable in expression for input parameter (though if I choose some formulas like "1" & "0", then it works).

2. When table view has only one record, it is not selected automatically like it was before. So If you use expression that takes table selection (single selection) on the same layer - it will not work. If table has more than one rows - it works fine.

Though SAP stated for EP1 that "new functions are added, and existing functions are not modified, update/convertion is not needed ..." this is definitely not the case.

Have anybody faced the same problems? Do you have any suggestions?

Any help highly appreciated.

BR,

Dmitry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Visual Composer Modelers,

The hotfix mentioned in this case is not longer available, it was a Pilot hotfix created for some critical cases and as any pilot package it was released only to few customers with an special acceptance conditions.

SAP will release the official fix (which has been tested and accepted by the Quality Gate) on the Support Package 5.

Thereby you should update your system to SP5 in order to get the official SAP Fix for this problem,

Yours Sincerely,

Luis F. Lanz

SAP NW Visual Composer Team

NW Visual Composer Forum Moderator

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Luis,

Can you tell us approximately when SP5 is expected to be released?

Thanks,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Luis

When will the SP5 released? And Which packages must be updated at least for me just to resolve the problem "Dynamic values for drop-down list"?

the version of my BW system: EHP1 for netweaver 7.0 SP3 (visual composer is Patch 1).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jiande Ding

Edited by: Jiande Ding on Sep 8, 2009 4:54 AM

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The SP5 is expected to be in General Availability on next week, until now there are no reasons for a delay, however if it occurs i'll update this thread.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Luis

Thanks for your released SP5.

Could you please tell me which packages must be updated at least for me just to resolve the problem "Dynamic values for drop-down list"? Just Visual Composer?

the version of my BW system: EHP1 for netweaver 7.0 SP3 (visual composer is Patch 1).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jiande Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering !

Have you got a SAP note id about that ?

Thanks.

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I have got the same problem about a drop down list after the upgrade in EHP1.

Do you solve or bypass this issue ?

Thanks.

Mathieu

0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

I created support message to SAP and they provided hot fix couple of days ago (for SP3). We installed it of development and it seems working. I still testing it.

I am not sure if they published it or not.

Dmitry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I've just wasted the last day and a half messing about trying to solve the exact same problem. Do you have the SAP Note number.

Many Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos

hi Gary,

no, I dont have SAP Note, I only have hotfix sent from SAP (actually not me - SAP partner company). I dont think SAP has released note already.

You should create Support Message for this problem (for your system version). This is how I got hotfix.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What was the OSS note number? I have the exact same problem?

Cheers

Richard

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Never mind, I've seen the following comments. I'll raise a support message.