cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign-On to Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could You tell me what application should I use to set up a Single Sign-On (SSO) to Enterprise Portal using Windows integrated authentication.

I use LDAP Data Sourse (Active Directory) for user data, and I haven't permissions to make any changes in Active Directory Server.

I'm looking for alternative variant instead of using Kerberos Authentication with SPNego login module.

IiSProxy is not supported, because I use SP16.

Thanks

Vitali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same confusion. My understanding is, that the note about deprecation is to the "old" method of connecting AD vs Kerberos in SPS16 ff.

The section on question is under https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/security

which is Developer Areas -->SAP Netweaver >Platform>Security.

Unfortunately, I cannot see the article anymore. But if you search just for "Wulftange" in SDN, you will see the document. This one bypasses the way of connection through the standard header or Kerberos and gives you the new possibilities. It will add another module in the Logon stack plus you can do IP rejection. As far as I understand you, you want a solution that does not require AD-Changes.

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use header based authentication. Set up a little server application that will do a "redirect" and set Header authentication. It needs to identify the user and set the username as a key/value pair in the header. In the security section of SDN is a very good article of Mr. Wulftange "Setting up Header authentication" with a very valuable java sample and how to change the logon stack.

These both together should do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Holger for replying my request,

but I still have some questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/a3d940c2653126e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

There is said about Using Header Variables for Integrated Windows Authentication:

"Prior to SAP NetWeaver ’04 SPS15, this option was used to support integrated Windows authentication"

"However, support for this option is deprecated with SAP NetWeaver ’04 SPS15"

I use SPS16. Can I still use Header Variables for Integrated Windows Authentication and is it appropriate decision?

And, please, tell me what is "the security section of SDN"?

Simple search of " Mr. Wulftange Setting up Header authentication " returns no result.

Thanks,

Vitali