Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

Is it cumpulsory to settle your top level WBS to PSG or we have some other option. In my top level wbs cost and revenue both are there. Cost is coming from child WBS and revenue is coming from Sales Order.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not necessary you can settle at each WBS level also but it depends upon the project.

1.If it is investment project you can settle every account assignment WBS to AUC also.

2.if you have multiple billing elements in a project then you can settle individual billling element to the receiver.

3.In case of Customer projects,only the billing element is settled because results analysis is generally carried out at the billing element level. The results analysis data contains not only the costs and revenues for the billing elements,but also for all the WBS elements and activities subordinate to the billing elements.This being the case, only the billing element has a settlement rule. All other objects are assigned the settlement profile Do not settle.

Please go through PLM230

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

We are not using RA in our project as its for IT company projects so PP is not there. i m settling activities to superior wbs than all superior wbs to top level wbs. now top level wbs is also ticked as billing element. so revenue are also there. So finally i have to settle this top level WBS which have revenues and cost both. now problem is we are not able to understand where we should settle this top level wbs. we have not activated copa till yet. so sir if we will use copa how the system will be affected. is it cumpulsory to settle this top level wbs to PSG.If yes kindly help me wat are the config is required for the same.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

You can settle it to Sales order Line item if you are not using PSG.

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I tried the same thing but when i m creating settlement rule for top level wbs in project. System is throwing the error"sales doc is assigned to WBS element ussap-023". now wbs ussap-023 is already assigned as billing element in the sales order item so this prevents settlement to sale order item.

Wat i m understanding system is saying that the wbs is attached to sales order line item. so in our projects revenus is coming from this sales order only. now when we are trying to settle this wbs to back to sales order system is not accepting it. system is saying to remove the wbs from sales order ( if we will remove that than sales order wont belong to project so revenue will not come to project at all) or settle top level wbs to another sales order where wbs is not assigned that i m also not able to understand that wat is another sales order.

With Regards,

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets wait for response from other guys.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Try by assigning Dont Settle Settlement profile to the Top WBS element and assign settlement profile to other WBS elements and Activities.

So while running settlement system will settle all the costs to the Top WBS element.In this case no need to settle the costs to external receiver.

Then you can close the project.

Update me after checking it.

Muzamil

Answers (0)