Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Adaptive RFC Configuration in SLD

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I created and deployed a sample application for testing Adaptive RFC into the Java Web Application Server. In the Webdynpro content administrator, I have subsequently configured WD_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST.

The two JCO connections for the Adaptive RFC are both green - the Test Connection and Ping utilities return success messages.

When I try to run the application through I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

So I looked at the logs and I found the following error message in the cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.trc.

WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

To be sure this was the error message, I stopped the server, deleted the logs, and redeployed. This is the only error I got.

What do you think might be the problem.

Thank You for your help.

Sumit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I had the same problem.

My solution was in the Backend System (R/3) chose Tr. SLMG (Maintain Logon Groups). Then change assignment of the Logon Group. Chose there the register attributes and the field IP-address with the IP of the messageserver.

Save it.

Go to the Web Dynpro Content Administrator and you see the ping and test is sucessfull.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help - I solved it on my own, this was a problem with the SAP router.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good to Know.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz share the solution with the sap router, because im getting the same error . Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Check whether u have done this:

1) Select Dictionary metadata radio button when creating the datatype for metadata and

2) Load balanced connection radio button in the destination type.

U would have done the first selection correctly check on to the second one.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Nagarajan,

I have a question regarding 1) Select Dictionary...

I have imported the RFC into the Models node, and then subsequently added it to the Used Models node in the Web Dynpro Components. From here on I add the model into the Contexts and use them. I my programming I have not had the opportunity to use Dictionary Metadata. Where, how, or why do I need to set this radio button.

I know that it is good practice to keep all the models in a seperate DC. Also this DC could be a data dictionary dc. Are you referring to this when you talk about point number 1).

Let me try the second point, I will let you know.

Thank you for your help.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Access from a Web Dynpro application to another SAP System is controlled by the <b>logical metadata system</b>.

At design time, you must assign two logical system names per Adaptive RFC model – the interface between the user interface and the back-end system – even if only one system is called in the Adaptive RFC.

A logical system name is required for the Dictionary metadata and the RFC metadata, and a further name for the application data itself.

These two names are also always configured after deployment using the Web Dynpro Content Administrator, even if multiple backend support is not used in the current Web Dynpro application.

Each of these logical system names represents a set of valid connection configuration data, which contains the information for creating a jRFC/JCO connection to a specific ABAP system.

<b>The 1 and 2 point mentioned in my earlier post have to be done simultaneously when creating the metadata.</b>

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The explanation makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you for the help Nagarajan.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit & Nagarajan,

I have exactly the same problem (at JCo connection creation I chose Load balanced connection, which makes that the ping doesn't work).

How did you solve this issue ? Thanks in advance !

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Francois,

I followed /people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak weblog.

Then I also did.

Make service entry for sampms<SID> ( SID for R/3) on the J2EE host. and also Check whether PUBLIC group is availablein your R/3 System. Transaction SMLG.

Also,

You have to set the service name in the path as shown below

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

Make sure that the service name and port no are correctly copied there

It should be in the format

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Also,

1. maintain every hosts' services file which located in C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc (windows)

check whether the entry sapms<SID> exists or not. I guess your WebAS host's services doesn't have the entry for your SAP system.

2. After maintaining services, restarting WebAS instance and NT-services. (or reboot Windows).

3. logon to your SAP system and open transaction "SMLG". Then configure logon group.

4. register SAP system to SLD. (You have to specify msgserver host name and port(default 36xx). Also you have to enter logon group name that you configured in previous step.

5. Open webdynpro explorer and create JCO destinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Summit,

Actually I've completed steps 1 to 5 successfully.

The issue comes when I create the JCo connection, if I chose the "Dictionary Metadata > Load balanced connection". The direct connection ("Application data > Single server connection") works fine (ping & test are ok) - you can view my for more info...

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Francois,

This entry removed the error for me for the load balanced connection.

You have to set the service name in the path as shown below

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

Make sure that the service name and port no are correctly copied there

It should be in the format

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Thank You.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding this line allowed me to successfully perform a single server connection, not the other one...

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francois,

Could you post the error message you get when you test your load balanced connection after you create it.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=iwdfe010 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=EA3 MSSERV=sapmsEA3 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host 10.16.140.59, service sapmsEA3) TIME Fri Apr 07 18:55:00 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8579 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

Eveything is described on - thanks !!

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you ping iwdfe010 from your Java Web Application Server box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, sure, as the direct connection seems to work...

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My Entries.

<b>Destination Name</b>

Name wd_rfc_metadata_dest

Client 100

<b>JCo Pool Configuration</b>

Maximal Pool Size 5

Maximum Connections 10

Connection Timout (msec.) 10,000

Maximum Waiting Time (msec.) 30,000

<b> Define the message server</b>, system name and the logon group used by the JCO connection.

Message Server L01_lab4

System Name L01

Logon Group PUBLIC

Use SAP Router (UNCHECKED)

SAP Router String BLANK

<b>User Authentication</b>

Used Method LOGON/PASSWORD

Name RFCUSER1 - has sap_all dialog user

Password RFCUSER1

Confirm Password RFCUSER1 (ALL THREE CAPS )

Language English

<b>Secure Network Connection (SNC)</b>

SNC Mode OFF

SNC Partner Name

SNC Security Level

SNC Name

SNC Library Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this - but my problem is still there...

The issue comes from the 'Load balanced connection', I think. If you have any idea...

Thanks !