cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll control record for external payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HR experts,

one question concerning the payroll control record.

we do time evaluation in SAP (PT60) and transfer the resulting wage types to an external payroll (PU12).

Could I use the payroll control record (PA03) even for external payrolls ?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

If you want to use control record for knowing that what is your current period and if you want to block any data entry in the past, then yes you can use it.

But control record has two part, one it tells you in which current payperiod you are and for which you can do the time entry and other master data changes. Second part states - > Earliest retro acctg period which telss that till where in past we can do the changes. and if we do change in past it will trigger retro till that past period in current payroll run.

So if we are not running payroll in our system it wont help you until you restrict somewhere in CATS exit for checking the current period start date and not allow the user to create entry before the start date of the current period.

Also the other way round is to even change the Earliest retro acctg period to the current period when you exit the control record. But this is not suggested as then it wont allow any master data cotrrection for past.

Hope this will be helpful

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use the payroll control record, because

the export function (PU12) uses the payroll area: I want to export all wage types of a payroll period.

Besides I would like to prevent any modification in the timesheet (CATS) when the payroll period is closed. For this I have to know which is the current payroll period (even if I do the payroll in another system).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

yes you can use control record but let us know what purpose you are thinking to use control record.

Thanks,

Dora.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

why would you wanna use Payroll Control Record? What is it that you want to achieve by using PY control record?

Wilfred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ys u have to use control record