Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payroll control record for external payroll

Hello HR experts,

one question concerning the payroll control record.

we do time evaluation in SAP (PT60) and transfer the resulting wage types to an external payroll (PU12).

Could I use the payroll control record (PA03) even for external payrolls ?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Monika,

If you want to use control record for knowing that what is your current period and if you want to block any data entry in the past, then yes you can use it.

But control record has two part, one it tells you in which current payperiod you are and for which you can do the time entry and other master data changes. Second part states - > Earliest retro acctg period which telss that till where in past we can do the changes. and if we do change in past it will trigger retro till that past period in current payroll run.

So if we are not running payroll in our system it wont help you until you restrict somewhere in CATS exit for checking the current period start date and not allow the user to create entry before the start date of the current period.

Also the other way round is to even change the Earliest retro acctg period to the current period when you exit the control record. But this is not suggested as then it wont allow any master data cotrrection for past.

Hope this will be helpful

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question