cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc adapter inbound channel: Error Error when reading Exchange Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently i am working on an IDOC to file scenario, in which Data will be sent from ECC server (IDOC) to an FTP server via SAP PI, but when i try to send IDOC to PI, i am getting the following error

in Transaction SM58:-

'IDoc adapter inbound channel: Error Error when reading Exchange Profile for system XID and

client 401 occurred in the IS pipeline' .

Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A very good link to troubleshoot Idoc to File scenario

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/05/d5fc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

So here i have to Maintain my Business system (7.0) in SLD.

Also, in Exchange parameters can you tell me which all specific services should contain this Hostname details, because there are many services in Exchange Profile, so here which all services should i change to rectify the error. Can you provide me with the service list.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Can you help me on this...

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I am also not sure whether Different stack versions willgoing to work,Are you sure about this kind of solutions

Also there are lot of changes in PI7.1 whose funcationalities also may depend on some of the features of Web AS,So I think its not safe solution to proceed with this, Instead try to dig out the reason behind failures in individual stacks..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh/Volker,

I know this solution wont be a fullproof one, but we have no other option, thats why we are trying to work on this. The only thing we will try out is the changes in the SLD (for business system) & the changes in the Exchange profile, if we are succesful with it then its great, but if we are not then we will revert all the changes. We are just giving it a try.

Thats why we wanted some help from you, can you provide me all the services in Exchange profile which point towards the ABAP stack so that we can make the neccesary changes to point the Exchange profile towards our ABAP stack i.e 7.0.

Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to XI Administration screen there you can see all the properties related to IR,ID and SLD stuff..

But I am not aware of all properties but by going there you can see the properties available

Gud Luck

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rajesh!!!

In SLD_CHECK i got the following result for LCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM ' No corresponding Business system found for system NWD client 001' where NWD is our ABAP stack 7.0 system.

What should be done for this problem???

And regarding the two parameters in Exchange Profile (com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.name.,

com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.ashost) where should they point towards???

Should they point towards the ABAP stack (7.0) & are there any more parameters which should point towards the ABAP stack?????

Currently these two parameters have 7.1 server values.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to register your business system as role of IntegrationServer in SLD

and need to do the same hostname in the exchange parameters

I wonder how RFC secanrio is working for you as there is no business system configured..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Let me explain to you the whole scenario, We have two servers of PI, 7.1 & 7.0. Now the Java Stack of 7.0 is not working & Cache update of 7.1 is not happening.

Thats why we have linked ABAP stack of 7.0 with Java stack of 7.1. Now we can see the objects created under Java 7.1 in ABAP stack of 7.0 (SXI_CACHE).

Now we have done all the settings to create an IDOC to file scenario. All the RFCs are working fine, but when we send an IDOC from the ECC system to ABAP 7.0, we are getting the following error 'Error while reading exchange profile for system NW' in SM58 .

Now can anyone tell me what exact settings i have to change in the Exchange profile (Java stack of 7.1), so that the Java 7.1 & ABAP 7.0 connection is setup or do i need to change anything else.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SLDCHECK for connect testing and check the result ofLCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM details

Then go to Administration tab and check the below parameters

com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.name.

com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.ashost

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Apr 17, 2009 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit!

Sorry for honest statement, but I am almost sure that you get more problems than solutions when connecting a 7.1 with a 7.0 stack. At least I am sure that such a configuration is not supported by SAP in case you face any productive problems.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look on SAP Note 764176

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What do you see in the channel monitoring of RWB?

And: Do other scenarios work or do you have a general problem accessing the exchange profile from the ABAP stack of your PI?

Regards,

Volker

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

refer this sap note 1009527. this looks pretty similar to your error.

Also Check the following.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

and SAP note 764176

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Edited by: MF Haq on Apr 16, 2009 1:25 PM

Nill

Edited by: MF Haq on Apr 16, 2009 1:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MF.Haq,

Thanks for your reply, but the mapping is alright, is there anything else to be done ???????

Regards,

Amit Naik

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

IDoc is Outbound and File is Inbound,why your monitoring inbound IDoc so...anywayz first check your mapping whether u mapping and your IDoc structure.

with rgds,

MF.Haq