Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Parameter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am trying to attach a PID to an SAP screen field. I go into change mode after entering the access key, but the PID field will not open for input in the element list under special attributes. Am I doing something wrong or is adding a PID to an SAP screen not an option? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you generated / activated the Screen afterwards?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you generated / activated the Screen afterwards?

0 Kudos

I am not able to make my change to the screen yet because the place where I enter the PID stays inactive. So, no I have not activated the screen.

0 Kudos

Please try clicking the "From Dictionary" checkbox on the general attributes tab. If this is checked, then the PID field will be grayed out. If it is unchecked, you should be able to enter a value there.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. The screen field was referencing a dictionary object, so I added a PID to the field's data element. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are on the wrong way... Normally one wants to fill a given field on the screen. This is done by setting the connected Parameter-ID to the value you want. Then, the Dynpro puts this value into the according screen field, when it is processed the next time...

0 Kudos

Have a look at Txn SE38, on the first screen you will find a field, where you can type the program name. Place the cursor into this field and hit F1, then click "technical Info". You will see that this screen field ist filled by the Parameter-ID 'RID'...