cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock should not be considered while MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am using strategy 40 for material. I am putting some plan in MD61 when i run MRP using MD01 or MD02 system is reducing the quantity of planned order if the stock of that material exists.

My requirement is such that, i dont want to consider that stock while running MRP. What ever plan i will put system should generate planned order of the same requirement.

Is it related to material availability.....

Please guide.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspite of all this suggestion, if u want to exclude ur storage location from the MRP run then u have to do the following setting in customisation

1. Exclude the storage loaction from MRP run. It will be updated in MRP 4 view of material master

So what ever the stock maintained int his storage loaction it will not be include in MRP Run.

Hope thsi will help u.

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain a common storage location for all such materials and then block the storage location for MRP in MMSC. MRP Indicator = 1 - Storage location stock excluded from MRP.

Alternativelly,

You can use strategy 11 - Net requirement planning with mixed MRP indicator = 2.

Edited by: Mahesh Patil on Apr 16, 2009 12:45 PM

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Planning strategy 40 is not for the purpose you are looking for

You need to use Planning Strategy "11" for this In MRP 3 view assign this strategy and also define "2"- for the Mixed MRP indicator field. When creating PIR create it with requirement type "BSF".

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

If i m using straregy 11 that is "Gross Requirement planning" then please tell me whether system will consider the requirement of the material if sales order for that material is exists.....

Please help..

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not consider sales orders. It will plan based on PIR only.

If you want to plan for sales orders too, you use planning strategy 20 where planning will be sales order specific and ther will not be interusage of stocks between sales orders.

Rgds,

Edited by: Mahesh Patil on Apr 16, 2009 12:47 PM

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Startegy 11 will consider only PIR .Sale order will not be considered in 11. It displayed just for information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasobh,

Can i create new strategy where system will take consideration of Sales order if any along with the Gross requirement feature of strategy 11.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasobh,

Can i create new strategy where system will take consideration of Sales order if any along with the Gross requirement feature of strategy 11.

Regards,

Anand.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Yes, You can always create a custom strategy. But explain what you are looking for? What do you mean by Consider Sales order?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks a lot for ur response.

I am planning with respect to MD61 and system should consider the sales order requirement if any. This was requirment from client so i was using strategy 40 but now they are asking that system should not consider the stock while taking MRP run. which is not possible in 40 but as u said its a feature of strategy 11.

So i need to have both fetures in my strategy so asked u that whether its feasible to acheive the requirement by using customised strategy which will have requirement type as BSF and customer requirement type KSV.

Please tell me whether it will achieve expected result.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

You can define the customized planning strategy to serve your purpose.

You need to define the requirement class & requirement type considering your specific requirement.

With that you can configure the new planning strategy.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Assuming Strategy "11", If we have a PIR for 100Tons for every month and if a sales order is created for 200T this month, please explain what is expected?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirment is If PIR is of 100 Qty and Sales order requirement come for 200Tons then either system will consider the sales order + PIR both or system will consume PIR against sales order.

They are ok with both the things any one will do but their main requirement is that if stock of 50tons is available in storage location then system should not create planned order which is less 50 qty.

Regards,

Anand.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

As suggested by JB you can try creating a logical storage location and move the stock to that location and define this Location Not relevant for MRP.

I am not really sure whether having a strategy with requirement type "BSF" and "KSV" would work, any please test it in Sandbox system and also let us know how it worked.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have tested it and tht new strategy is not working.

Regards,

Anand.