cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate freight charges in quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has sb. an idea how to calculate (perhaps via simulating) the freight charges at the stadium of quotation?

A possible scenario has to be to calculate (simulate) the freight costs and then put it to the calculation scheme of the quotation.

Thanks for your support.

BR,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By implementing Transportation you can perform this activity.

In sales order you can estimate the freight cost and put it automatically on it. On billing document redetermine by copy control the freigth costs and it will impact it on it.

You have to configure the following before:

Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipment Costs > Define Profiles for Shipment Cost Information

You´ll need a variant or several, depending if you want to estimate cost or also compare the best option from differents vendors. You can create those differents variants (for each scenario) on VT04 transaction.

For configuration guide, please follow this link:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LETRA/SDTRA.pdf

I hope this help,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

thanks for your answer, but it doesn't fit to my problem.

I want to calculate the freight charges with reading the standard freight costs tables of sap. I have a logic to implement this and then I want to write the result in a special condition of the calculation scheme of the quotation.

Do you have an idea to realize this?

Thank you very much for your help.

BR,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

If you want to calculate the freight charges at quotation level then manually enter the freight charge and calculate and simulate it as you dont want to go with Transportation.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

is it neccessary to enter the condition manually?

Can i customize it as a condition in my calculation scheme and after entering a material position it would call a function module and calculate the charges automatically?

I don't have much experience with conditions and calculation schemes.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

BR,

Christian

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

For your requirement , manually entering the condition type is better option , as you dont want to go for Transportation.It is not necessary to enter the condition type manually but for your requirement as you want to read the freight costs the better option is to enter manually . If you want the freight costs automatically by maintaining the condition record then you need to assign a Z sub-routine for the freight condition type .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

thanks a lot.

I think that would solve my problem.

I will close the thread.

BR,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

im also trying to estimate the shipment cost by quotation .

my idea is to create a pricing scheme with condition types that are similar to frights costs ( the

condition types that in the shipment cost document )

did you succeed to calculated the fright cost into 1 condition type with a z-subroutine ?

Regards

ASA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ASA,

I'm sorry, but I haven't tried it yet.

Too much work on another project.

Your description is exactly my idea. I found some function modules where you can simulate the delivery from an order and then simulate a shipment. After that you can call the standard calculation of the freight costs from the shipment, because you have all neccessary data.

I'm not connected to a SAP-System at the moment, but if you need the names of the function modules I can give you after connecting. Please let me know if you need it.

BR,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Christian ,

i'll be more then happy if you send them .

i thought you want to estimate to the shipment cost in the quotation by condition records .

why do you want to simulate the delivery and the shipment ?

( can you open delivery to a quotation ? )

how can you calculate the freight costs from the shipment by standard solution ?

BR

ASA

• ?? ****

Edited by: ASA MOKED on May 4, 2009 8:46 PM

Edited by: ASA MOKED on May 15, 2009 10:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all ,

is it possible to run bapi's frow a z-subroutine in the pricing procedure for each condition ?

BR

ASA

Edited by: ASA MOKED on May 15, 2009 10:36 PM