cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Our systems Ecc6.0 HPux/oracle 10g, we have have upgraded the kernel to patch 185, changed th permission for ora<sid> and icmbnd and saposcol .

After the updgrade of kernel not able to start the database and When i run R3trans -d

i get the below error

2EETW169 no connect possible: "maybe someone set invalid values for DIR_LIBRARY ('/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run') or dbms_type ('ORA')

Checked the enviroment vaialble andalso checked the SAPnote 403004 and 400241

but still the same issue

can some one help to resolve the same.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your system's DIR_LIBRARY and dbms_type environment variables.

It is clearly stating in the error message that

no connect possible: "maybe someone set invalid values for DIR_LIBRARY ('/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run') or dbms_type ('ORA')

When initiating an SAP system, the database-dependent database library is loaded before the DBSL is called up for the first time. The system searches for the library in the directory indicated by the environment variable DIR_LIBRARY (for example,. /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/exe/run). The environment variable dbms_type contains the name of the required database management system. When the system is initiated, an attempt is made to load the library belonging to the required database management system from the directory indicated by the environment variable DIR_LIBRARY.

If you want more assistance then please let me know.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Owner,group of all files some of files should be root.

For Brtools u can download BR Patch which is available on marketplace.

I have updated the same sucessfully.

Surendra Jain

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Mohan ,

Check your system version ( IA or RISC ) and kernal patch version you have downloaded.

You have to down load proper kernal for your system.

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not resolved but had to close to open a new question. sorry .

Former Member
0 Kudos

why did you changed the permissions for ora<sid> and icmbnd and saposcol and what did you change

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry not the permissions i have changed the owner for sidadm to orasid for the brtools and the icmbnd and saposcol they are under root user.

thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

so did you manually changed the permissions or run saproot.sh to change the permissions

Also refer to Note 113747 for exact permissions of BRTOOLS

let me know the results

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run saproot.sh. for permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just try starting the database first,if you get any error

then let us know

Rohit