cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update pricing condition type in a cancelled invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one invoice(let say invoice number 01) which did not posted any accounting documents because one condition type in pricing procedure didn't had any record at the time of creation of invoice. so i cancelled the previous invoice and maintained the condition record of the condition type and again invoiced(let say invoice number 02) the delivery which posted the correct accounting documents.

Now the problem is that when i am going to the invoice number 01 in change mode and trying to update the pricing procedure by going to item level then the system is now allowing to update the pricing procedure as the UPDATE TAB is grayed out and i cant click on it. (is it because for invoice nummber 01 follow on cncllation invoice has been created? or any other reason and is ther a solution for this?)

action required: i want to update the invoice number 01.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manpreet500,

If the invoice not having the accounting document no need to cancell that invoice.

In your case you might have done like this without cancell the invoice 01.

-->Create condition record for the condition type which was missed while creating invoice.

-->After creation of condition record you just go to VF02 transaction enter invoice 01 then go to condition tab here you can find the Update tab click on the Update tab now system will take you to the Pricing selection screen here you select B- Carry out new pricing now system will consider the condition record for the missed condition type.

Now you can release the 01 invoice manually by clicking on green Flag.

You can not update the 01 invoice may be due to the subsequent document cancelled invoice.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried it by going to VF02 and trying to update the cancelled invoice 01 but still the UPDATE tab is grayed out and i cant do that function.is it because:

1.follow on cancelled invoice has been created for invoice 01?

2. And if i can't update the cancelled invoice 01 then what is the other way out to to update the invoice 01 so that it passes the accounting information to Finance.(please note that for the cancelled invoice 01 i have created a new invoice 02 which worked fine and passed the document to accounting)

My main concern is that i cant leave the invoice 01 like this in the system i. is there any way that i can update invoice 01 in the system?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manpreet500,

First you have created an invoice(1) and later due to some reasons you cancelled it. With reference to an existing delivery you created another invoice(2) and posted it to the Accounting successfully.

When ever an invoice is cancelled and posted to accounting means, the business cycle has been completed. You are trying to change the pricing procedure for the invoice (1) which has been cancelled and regenerated again. That is why the option Update pricing procedure is disabled over there.

Regards,

Revan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manpreet500,

Please note that the standard SAP system behaviour is for the Update button to be greyed out once the document becomes completed. The availability of this button is controlled by the field

TKOMP-KAEND_TYP(1) in the form PREISFINDUNG_VORBEREITEN.

If the field is set to '*', the Update button appear greyed out.

There is no way to customize it, it can be done only through modification or an userexit (USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP) which I would not recommend.

Kind Rgs, Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

01.Invoice 01 F2 type is created against deliver document no 8000000 say and cancelled vided cancelled invoice 99 S1 type.

02. Created new invoice 02 F2 type against the delivery document 8000000 done.

03. You want to modify the pricing in Invoice 01 F2 type is created against deliver document no 8000000 which is cancelled.

04.since there is an subsquent document created through cancelled invoice 99 S1 type for , Invoice 01 F2 type is created against deliver document no 8000000 say, you will not be able to change the pricing in Invoice 01 F2 type is created against deliver document no 8000000.

05.Hence the modification are possiable in Invoice 02 if VTFL copy controles are porperly maintained.

Hope this is help ful.

Bye & Enjoy SAP.

Vijay.