cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more fields to customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to add a couple of bespoke fields to the customer master, but there are now bespoke includes in KNA1, so I was just about to hack the SAP standard code to add my new fields. But I thought I would ask if anyone else has had to add new fileds to the customer master and if there was a better way of doing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes if the data is to be related to a standard table, either append the structure, either creates your own related table.

For the maintenance screen, just use the existing BAdIs.

Do your own implementation of CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA and CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_CS + create your own maintenance screen.

Hope this will help.

BR

Alain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I've used append structures beofre the table already includes a custom append structure, but KNA1 does not. So can I just add my own structrue to table kna1 - I will need an access key to do this, and how will this be impacted with patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are Using APPEND Structure you are adding you own Custom Structure without requiring Access Keys.There if no requirement of Access Keys.Using Access key and adding Include is directly changing standard table which may lead in some inconsistencies.

Regards,

Gurpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Append Structures:

[Append Structure|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm]

Check for USer Exits or Enhancement Points in the Codes

Regards,

Gurpreet