Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Additional Expenses to Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. See description below:

Workflow

1. User genrates delivery in B1 and adds info. Performs external process to calculate shipping expenses.

2. The expenses calculated in step get filled in a UDF on the Delivery.

3. User opens A/Rinvoice and converts the delivery added in Step 1 to an invoice.

At this stage, I would like to be able to pull the expenses from the UDF on the delivery to the invoice.

Please advise on best solution.

This is a big problem for us. Any help is appreaciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use UI API to force a click in the arrow that opens Additional expenses form and fill the values with your addon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can try this approach:

1. Create a UDF in the Invoice to store the info (if its already created just for testing create another one).

2. In the Invoice UDF create a Formatted search that based on the BaseType and BaseEntry of the first line of the invoice (Table INV1), query the UDF Field in the delivery (ODLN).

If the invoice is based in more than one delivery this approach will not work and you will have to develop a solution for this (that is not that difficult).

Hope it helps 😄

-M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. The reason we are saving these expenses in a UDF is because these expenses can be calculted and saved only after the delivery is added to B1. As you know we cannot update exepenses on a delivery once its saved. Hence we are storing it in a UDF.

Now when the user converts this to an invoice, I want to be able to take the value in the UDF and put it in the Additional Expenses field on the invoice.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Gopal

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Why are you adding the expenses to the udf, why are you not placing it in the "additional expenses" in the delivery note at the bottom by totals already??

That is normal practice

Hope this helps