cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element field in F-28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

On the basis of proforma invoice we receive incomig payment from customer before raising/posting actual invoice (i.e. actual invoice is posted after incoming payment- after a few days or few months time).

But while posting such incoming payment we need to assign WBS Element(to specify in report for which project/WBS this payment has been received). But there is no field available in F-28 for WBS Element. I set field status of concerned GL a/cs & posting keys to 'required' but still WBS element field is not appearing on F-28 screen.

Is there any way to bring that field in F-28 screen?

However, while posting down paymnt from customer WBS element field is available in F-29.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is possible to get the WBS Element filed in F-28 .For that you have change the bank account field status at G005 There give the WBS Element is required field at Additional account assignments group .Now if you simuate the document it will ask for fill the WBS element filed.

May be this information is useful to you

If you have any doubt feel free to ask

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When I assign WBS to Bank a/c line item system gives following message

as bank GL a/c is bal sheet A/c

"Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account 13100212"

Can we ignore this message?

Secondly, can we have WBS element field for second line item i.e. for customer posting?

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you should not assign WBS to Bank account you have to assign to the customer Account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Thanks for the reply.

But there is no field for WBS on second line item screen(i.e. for customer LI screen Posting key 15)

I have set WBS element field Required in PK 15 field status.But still that field is not appearing.

Regards

Anand

Edited by: Anand K on Apr 18, 2009 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I tested the senario after that i replied to you.check once again and try it

Good luck

Cheers

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I have a small query on this...

When I assign WBS elemnt for bank GL Line item system gives following warning message...

"Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account 24100212"

Message no. KI281

What is the impact of it ? Can I ignore it?

Secondly, can we assign WBS Element in customer's line item in f-28?

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.No need to assign any cost objects like the wbs element to bank gl .

you have to do change field status WBS Element as required in G005( bank account field status).

2. For that you have to change the field status WBS Element as required in G067( customer reconcilatiom account).

May be this information is useful to you

If you have any doubt feel free to ask

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Even If I set field status of G067 and G005 FSG to 'Required' for WBS element field, system compels to key in the WBS element value (which is cost element) for Bank GL A/c line item and continues to give message "Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account 24100212"

And on customer line item(2nd line item) screen there is still no field for wbs element.

I understand that wbs elemnt is cost object & not supposed to be assigned to B/S GL accounts.

But for a customized report development, we need to display the Project(WBS) wise recipts from customer.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem,anyone can help to resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in F-28 WBS element Fields is available.

after you enter the posting date

customer number and click on the document overview button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBS is a cost object. While entering payment through F-28 you need to enter a profit center.

Rgds

Harmees