SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail: Article hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anybody tell me how to create article hierarchy?tell me in step by step and tell me the tabs that i have to fill in that creation.configuration of article hierarchy?

Thanks in advance

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Here is a breif explaination about the process:

For Spro Setting you can configure the Article Hierarchy from

Logistics - General-->Article Hierarchy

Logistics - General>Material Master>Retail-Specific Settings-->Settings for Article Hierarchy

Goto

Logistics --> Retailing > Master Data> Article Hierarchy Data--> Create

(WMATGRP01)

Enter the name and description

Decide whether the Article Hierarchy should be valid client-wide or distribution chain dependent.

If for Distribution Chain wide then enter sorg, and dist channel.

Else if applicable client-wide then don't enter sorg, and dist channel.

If you have SAP BW connectivity with retail , check the same.

Check Multiple material assignment,for the Department store/Shop concept

The SAP recommendation is an Article Hierarchy without Structure Scheduling (no other entries than the ID).

Execute

Message u201Cu2026u201D

Continue

Create New Node

Save

Under this we will be creating child nodes

So press new node

Save

Repeat steps as per required structure.

Once you have reached the desired structure then do Article Assignment

Select the node under which we want to assign the articles.

Once node is selected , click on the tab u201CArticle assignmentsu201D (in right window)

Similarly assign for all the remaining.

Save

Then activate the article hierarchy.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My 2 cents;

In SPRO - Edit Hierarchy Levels, we can define an article hierarchy level semantic. And one of the levels can be defined as a category level u2013 which basically becomes the root node in your CDT.

Anirban has very well explained how to create the article hierarchy using WMATGRP01. While creation of the hierarchy we can choose if it is allowed to assign same article to multiple nodes and also define if structure scheduling is allowed (i.e. user can set validity periods for assignments)

Upon creation the initial status of the hierarchy will be u2018plannedu2019. Only in this status time dependent nodes & articles assignments can be done. After planning of the assortment structure is complete and running some checks status is set to u201CActiveu201D (TC WMATGRP05 u2013 Activate). Hierarchy is operational only after activation after which only limited changes can be done. Only after activation data can be extracted into SAP BW

Some of the important check done during article hierarchy maintenance;

- During activation we can enable system to check if articles are assigned only to the lowest node of the hierarchy

- Deletion check u2013 ensures that no other sub-nodes or article are assigned to it

See controls in SPRO: Article Hierarchy --> Edit Control Parameters

Another aspect is that we can have only one of the following;

- have an article hierarchy (independent of any distribution chain) or

- create article hierarchies specific for each distribution chain

You donu2019t have an option of both.

Assigning an article to hierarchy can also be done through integrated article maintenance.

Hope it helps

Regards / Rajesh

0 Kudos

issue closed

0 Kudos

issue closed