cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Server question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our organization has set up a distribution service for the SAP GUI 6.40 (which currently is in testing). When I apply a new patch (say from 17 to 18), and run the SAP Gui from the Workstation, the workstation is notified of a new patch level and updates just fine. However, when I re-run the SAP Gui, I still continue to see a Message Box notifying me that there is an update available. If I click "Yes", the workstation attempts to pull files from the distribution service (but doesn't obviously), and asks me to restart the SAP Gui, which then goes back to the same loop. If I click "No", the SAP Gui (with the latest patch) comes up just fine.

Any suggestions??? I've tried correcting the batch file that connects me to the distribution service, as well as toying with the registry entry (HKEYLM>Software>SAPSAPSetup>General), but to no avail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case others have run into the same problem, what I did was create an event script for OnEndInstall. The saplogon.exe file and saplgpad.exe file didn't copy over from the dist. service to the workstation. To correct this I created the following script:

Engine.Shell.CopyFile "
server\shareddir\SAPgui\saplogon.exe", "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe"

and

Engine.Shell.CopyFile "
server\shareddir\SAPgui\saplgpad.exe", "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplgpad.exe"

It seems to work now, once the workstation has re-connected to the dist. service.