cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Crystal Reports in EP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created several reports in CR on basis of SAP ERP data using the integration kit. Btw. I don't use a BW and BI Portal.

Now I want to publish this reports in SAP Portal. I changed the entry point as described in the admin guide for the integration kit. And I uploaded the included iViews.

On BOE Server SAP Authentication is active.

What I tried in SAP Portal is to create a new iView based on the CR template. Then I tried the included iViews from the SAP Kit, but nothing did work at all.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Anke Nossmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anke,

- did you upload the iView template from the SAP Integration Kit to the portal ? If not that would be step 1

- the SAP Authentication needs to be configured and that seems to be done already

- the ERP system should be your default system in the options of the SAP authentication

- after the iView template has been imported you should be able to go to the portal and create a new iView based on the BusinessObjects Enterprise iView template.

- you need to provide the ID (properties of the report) in the iView

- you also need to setup a system in the system portal landscape and provide the values for the Crystal Enterprise Server details.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

thanks for your quick response.

- did you upload the iView template from the SAP Integration Kit to the portal ? If not that would be step 1

I uploaded the iViews, as described in the Guide for SAP Integration Kit, via SAP Portal. I uploaded both, the ***masterview.par and the ****sap_pik.epa. I took them from the BO Server.

Are there another iViews in the IK?

- the SAP Authentication needs to be configured and that seems to be done already

I did configure the SAP Authentication. When I'm right, then I need the SAP authenticationon BO Server for this system, where the portal runs?

- the ERP system should be your default system in the options of the SAP authentication

I'm dealing with several systems in BOE. Can that lead to problems in SAP Portal?

- after the iView template has been imported you should be able to go to the portal and create a new iView based on the BusinessObjects Enterprise iView template.

OK, I'm afraid there is another iView in the IK.Unfortunately I do not have access to a SAP IK. I will check this tomorrow.

- you need to provide the ID (properties of the report) in the iView

Is the ID the short one or the CUID?

- you also need to setup a system in the system portal landscape and provide the values for the Crystal Enterprise Server details.

There I typed in the Domain of my BOE Server and as path to Viewer-Application the "/InfoViewApp"

Do I have to setup SSO anywhere? I read this for BW.

Thanks in advance for your help and the trouble.

Anke Noßmann

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is only one iView template and as soon as that one is uploaded you should be able to create a new iView and select the template (BusinessObjects Enterprise iView template).

the ID is the plain numeric value.

on the Crystal Enterprise Server properties in the system landscape you need to enter the name and port of your application server (fully qualified). the viewer path by default is /SAP and make sure you also using the default viewer application.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

If we use the ID of the report, will it change during the transport from Dev to QA landscape ?

Thanks,

Vinit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes - if you transport with BW then you should use the BW ID option in the BusinessObjects iView template.

if you transport with the businessObjects LifeCycle management tool then you should use OpenDocument with an URL iView and use the CUID

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ingo, I have one more question on creating iView from Integration template, Can we use the technical ID for creating iview for crystal report. I am able to create the report with report ID (4 digit id), however when i use the technical id and id as BW_ID, I am receiving error (Access is denied - Common for any error). Please advise.

Edited by: Vinit Pugaliya on May 24, 2010 10:49 PM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you use the BusinessObjects iView template it will ask which ID you want to enter - ID or BW ID - and that obviously has to match.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

I do understand that, however when i use GUID - Technical name as the bw_id, it is not working. But when I use 4-digit id as id it it is working. Since the 4-digit ID will get changed during transport, I don't to use that. Please provide me steps on how to use bw_id, is there any special parameter to be configured for this ?

Thanks,

Vinit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioned the iView template is asking which ID to be used when you build a new iView so it sounds you made the choice to go with the ID and then entering a BW GUID won't work. you need to build an iView based on the template and select the options to use BW_ID. BW_ID also assumes the report is being saved to BW and published to BusinessObjects Enterprise and you have the publishing configured properly

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I have given BW_ID when choosing to create the iview, however when I enter the technical name of the report, it is not working.

Please advise. Can you please provide me step on creating iview based on bw_id ? Is there something we need to configure in the application parameter ?

Thanks,

Vinit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the ID is a 26 digit GUID that you need to enter.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

When I use 4-digit ID I am able to view the report, however when I use 26-digit id I get 500 internal server error, though the report is published to BOE from BW.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Vinit Pugaliya

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you provide the complete URL that the iView is using ?

ingo

Answers (0)