SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why upper lever of budget structure consume the budget!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts:

I had meet the following problems, please give me some good advice how to solve the problem. thanks! the details are that:

My sap system is ERP2004, i activated the PSM-FM and use the former budget module. The budget stucture is that: fund center level 0C0000\0C0500 and the commitment item level is: 6000000008\6601480100. I have entry the budget amount according the budget stucture.when I posted an account document , then get the error message: BP 629 . Item 001 0C0500 /6601480100 payment budget exceeded, when I check the original budget use Tcode:FR05, find there are budget amount :8000.then I check the error message again and find that: when post the document , which consume the upper level 0c0500/6000000008 's budget, and the budget amount of the lever of 0C0500/6000000008 are be assigned to the lower lever, such as the 0C0500/6601480100, so the upper lever has no enough budget amount. By the way, the commitment item 6000000008 is defined "not posted". What is the reason.

Having done much test , i find what caused the case. Begin use the former budget, the custmer do not entry the budget, in order to post and save the accounting document, so use Tcode OF20, select the action "1 Warning " when use in 100% . then when you post and save accounting documents , it is consume the budger as upwards. laterly, when entry the budget and change the Availability Control action from "1 Warning " to "3 error", when post accounting document , get error message as upwards.

Best regards!

wayne.xie

2 REPLIES 2

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wayne,

Please have a look at this IMG Activity:

Funds Management Government->Former Budgeting->Availability Control->

Define Parameters for Availability Control.

Standard settings

The standard setting is that availability control runs against the first

budget object within the hierarchy. If you want to work with this

availability control search logic, you do not have to make an entry for

your FM areas.

Otherwise you should flag 'Check on lowest object with budget' On

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Mar:

Thanks for your answer, i have use the Tcode FMBV to reconstructure the assigned value and i think it is maybe i have not config which you mentioned.

Best regards!

wayne.xie