cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC, Call transaction FB50L, Ledger Group field is missing on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Call transaction FB50L. But when executing, looks like program is always using FB50 instead. The error message is 'Ledger Group'(ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP) is not existing on screen SAPMF05A-1001.

Difference between FB50L and FB50 is 'FB50L allows us to specify the ledger'.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error if I left out the field. Tried FB01, no LDGRP field on the screen.

Also tried perform bdc_field using: 'BDC_SUBSCR' 'SAPMF05A 1010HEAD',

No luck.

I tried call transaction mode 'A', it's just the field LDGRP is not appear on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried this with FB01?

Rob

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone again. Problem identified.

FB01L should be the generic tx for FB50L. It has General Ledger group on the screen.

Special thanks to Rob for leading to the right directions.

Cheers,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to help.

Although if FB01L is anything like FB01, you'll find a new set of challenges.

What version are you on? Neither FB50L nor FB01L are in our system.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I tried FB01, but General Ledger group field is not appear on the screen either. I guess that field only appears on TX FB50L.

Checking with Functional Person to see if that field is configable right now.

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

SUBMIT rsbdcsub AND RETURN WITH mappe EQ LV_group

EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY.

Tried to read the list. but there is not document number in the list.

Is there any function module that I can use?

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really. When you submit RSBDCSUB, it just kicks off the batch input session (it submits a background job with the same name as the session). So there's no guarantee that when you return after the "SUBMIT rsbdcsub" the document will be posted.

The only workable way is to use a call transaction session. That's why I was asking if you had tried this with FB01.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. I gave up the test with call transaction and use BDC session instead. It works fine.

The probelm right now, is with my session name and ID, how should I retrieve the log.(I need to retrieve the new created document number)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your program, are you now submitting the session and running it by submitting RSBDCSUB from that program?

Rob

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Did you set the <b>BDC_SUBSCREEN</b> and <b>BDC_CURSOR</b> for field ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP in your program? Field ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP exist in program <b>SAPMF05A</b> and screen number <b>1010</b>.

Please try to code like something like this.

perform bdc_dynpro using:  'SAPMF05A'     '1001'.
perform bdc_field  using:  'BDC_SUBSCR'   'SAPMF05A                                1010HEAD',
                           'BDC_CURSOR'   'ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP',
                           'ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP' '0L',

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, FI doc can be posted without this field. It's just weird that when using call transaction this field is not appeared on the screen.

BAPI function is not working because they don't have 'ledger group' LDGRP field on the bapi header structure.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the OSS note # 929479 and 877456,899451 and <u><b>762201</b></u>

This`ll give you some clue !!

Thanks

Message was edited by: Saquib Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, there was no error message when you left out the field?

Does this field appear when you use transaction FB01?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried with mode A, the Ledger Group is missing on the screen even the call transaction code is FB50L.

This field is required by users and the program is used to automatically create FI document via FB50L.I need the new created FI document number to pass on to workflow.

I also looked at BAPI functions and they are not suitable as well. Any idea on how to make it work in background?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't you get an error when you tried without giving the field you want?

Try running it with mode 'E' (without passing the field).

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you want to post a GL Document.

Why don't you try bapi BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST.

See attached threads for help -

http://www.geocities.com/rmtiwari/main.html?http://www.geocities.com/rmtiwari/Resources/MySolutions/...

Former Member
0 Kudos

FB50 is an EnjoySAP transaction and not well suited to batch input. (It may not run well in the background.)

But you can try running your call transactions without trying to fill in ACGL_HEAD-LDGRP. You should get an error elsewhere where it does want this field. Run it with mode 'A' so you can see the screens.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am using SHDB to record VIA FB50L. If I execute the SHDB recording, the General Ledger group is on the screen. But when I excute in my own program by call transaction, then the general ledger group is on the screen.

I'm not sure why if FB50L by 'call transaction' will not able to show 'Ledger Group' on the screen

Thanks

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used SHDB transaction to record the screen flow.

When you have recorded screen flow using transaction SHDB, what tcode have you used?

I suggest run the program in all screen mode and see where it is missing this field.