cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 1st WD component value into 2nd WD component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed two WD components.In the 1st component I am dispalying a Tree, I want when I click on Tree node then the node value will come up and I want to get it in 2nd WD Component.

If I am in a same program with two views then it is possible with inbound and outbound plugs.But When I am using two WD components then how to get the value.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sanket sethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanket,

When you create a node in component controller, there is check box for interface node. Just check that check box and it will become an interface node. When you use component with interface node in another component, then the interface node is available for mapping. Just map the interface node from first component to second component. The values will be transferred automatically.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Thakur on Apr 16, 2009 12:09 PM

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

You can get the get the value of one component in another with the help of interface node. Create a node and make it an interface node. Now get the value in the attribute of this node. Now when you'll use this component in anther, this node will be available for use.

You can also refer this doc: [Component Usage|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2e71ce83-0b01-0010-11a4-98c28a33195f].

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

How will I create interface node in 1st component and how to get interface node value in second one?Please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can do it by the component usages right.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I will do it by com usages but the problem is how to communicate with in 2 components views because when I create outbound plug in 1st one it does not appear in View container ui element.

Please suggest if there is any way to communicate with in two views.