Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availabality-cheching rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Tcode OVA9 we assign checking group to checking rule

here same chking group 01 is assigned to many different chking rule but how system know which combination to pick.

say

01 Daily requirements A SD order

01 Daily requirements AE SD order; make-to-order stock

01 Daily requirements AQ SD order; project stock

01 Daily requirements AV SD order; returnable packaging

etc

HOw system oicks correct combination?

PL suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Checking rule is always picked by the system automatically through some internal controls too

If for a material the checking group assigned in availabilty check in MMR is 01 then during sales order system will pick combination 01 and A that is SD sales order

During delivery system will pick combination 01 and B that is SD delivery

If the sales order item category is marked with special stock indicaor as E in VOV7 during sales order system will pick combination 01 and AE

If the sales order item category is marked with special stock indicaor as W in VOV7 during sales order system will pick combination 01 and AW

If the item cat is marked with with special stock indicaor during delivery the system takes BE or BW depending up on the special stock indicaor

So ultimately the special stock indicaor in VOV7 controls the whole thing

That E,Q,V and W they are all special stock indicators which you can see in VOV7

You will understand this only by testing

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have 1 more doubt reg avail check

after finding chking rule system will do availabality check result of this will be availabality date

how & when forward & backward scheduling will happen

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

System first performs backward scheduling first based on the customers requested delivery date and lead times like transit and transportation,pick/pack and loading time and arrives at the MAD that is material availability date

On that material availabitity date at plant level system performs availabilty check with the help of control parameters for the combination for example say 01 and A in t ocde OVZ9

Availability-check happens on MAD

If backward fails then in forward scheduling the system first takes the MAD and performs Availability-check on that day and the lead time are calculated from there on and a fresh delivery date is given

In backward with lead time caluculation system arrives at MAD and performs Availability-check

In forward with system arrives at MAD and performs Availability-check and lead times are added and a delivery date is given

In either case Availability-check happens on MAD

Backward and forward scheduling is done to get MAD first on that MAD if enough stocks are found after availability check then delivery dates are given

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ok but still few thing not clear

when sales order is created - mat/qty/requested date is enterd

1. system finds requirement type & req class & if in sline cat tor is activated tor will happen

then wat next

I know the setting

but unable get the flow from sales order how tor & acheck hapenin

when backward & forward scheduling happens -is it before finding checking rule or after finding checking rule

the availablity flow i'm not getting

Pl suggest

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us take an example

Transit time::::::: 3 days

Loading time::::::: 1 day

Pick/Pack time::::: 1 day

Transportation::::: 1 day

Now You receive an order and the customer has requested to deliver the material by 30th April. Now system does backward scheduling from requested delivery date, ie.30-04-09.

Requested delivery date - transit time (3 days) = Goods issue date (27-04-09)

Goods issue date - Load time = Loading date (26-04-09)

Loading date - transportation = 25-04-09

Loading date - Pick/pack time = 24-04-09

As per above example, material should be available on 24th April and you can confirm delivery to customer accordingly.

On the other hand, if stock is not available as per availability check settings, then it does forward scheduling and give a delivery date based on the above calculations.

That is

Loading date as 30-04 (Pick/pack time 1 day + Material availability date 29-04)

Goods Issue date as 04-05-09) (loading date + loading time 1 day). Here let us assume, the shipping point calender has holidays on saturdays and sundays plus May 1st.

Delivery date as 07-05-09 (transit time 3 days + Goods issue date)

So now the delivery can be made on 7th May which is Forward scheduling.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Mr.Lakshmipathi has mentioned clearly about what is forward and backward scheduling

But Pick/pack and transportation planning happens simultaneously and the highest of these is taken into account for delivery scheduling

First based on the customers requsted delivery date backward happens and system arrives at MAD and availabilty check happens and if enough stocks are found then no problem the customer will get stocks at his convienience

If backward fails then forward happens and at this point of time TOR also happens

You have to visualise sequentially first is scheduling happens then availabilty check on that MAD ( MAD as a result of scheduling) and then TOR happens

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

sdquest sd ,

TRP = Transfer of requirements

By means of TOR the MRP dept. is informed about quantities and deadlines by which incoming orders should be delivered. The system checks the availability of goods based on the customer requested delivery date. MRP records which contain all necessary information for passing on to "Materials Planning". The Transfer of requirement ensures the goods are available in time for delivery. Material planning transfers the reported requirement and creates production orders or purchase requisitions.

Transfer of requiements depends on

a. Requirement Type

b. Requirement Class

c. Checking group

d. Scheule line category

TOR must be activated at Requirement Class level, the sales doc at Schedule line level.

You must define checking group for material.

Plant must Exist for TOR to be carried at Item level

This process has involvement of production consultant too. wherein he brings Checking Rule, Strategy type, Strategy group and Planning strategy.

Lets for Ex: Take MTS Process: Make to Stock Process

Here Customer is raising an order and requires delivery on the requested delivery date. He proceeds with clicking availability check if the stock is there to supply then customer delivery date is confirmed and the Delivery is made. (TOR ensures the data is passed to materials planning dept. an ensures the delivery happens on the requested delivery date)

If stock is not available on the requested delivery date then TOR passes the information to Material planning dept. Procurement type maintained in the material master Plays a vital role. The TOR passes the information and creates prodution order or Purchase requisition based on prcurement type.

i hope its clear....

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ok

BUt i want to kno

when sales order is created - mat/qty/requested date is enterd

What is the next step system will do -my confusion is still here

1.is it whether system finds requirement type(strategy used for finding r type i know) & req class

& sline cat

if Tor/avail check is activated in Sch line TOR will happen then wat next?

i'm not getting the flow from here on?

2 when backward & forward scheduling(concept i got it) happens -but does it happen before finding checking rule or after finding checking rule

MY confusion is still here

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all there is no need for confusion as this a simple thing to get

A sales order is created and based on the customers requested delivery date

First scheduling happens

System arrives at MAD

Availabilty check happens on MAD

Delivery date is confirmed in schedule lines

This is what happens

TOR is an after effect if enough stocks are not there then TOR happens and then your requirement type and requirement class all come in to play

2 when backward & forward scheduling(concept i got it) happens -but does it happen before finding checking rule or after finding checking rule

At the end of either backward scheduling system arrives at MAD and at that time checking rule comes in to play

SO forward and backward happens before checking rule (in your terms)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pl correct my understanding

1` when we create so - system does backward scheduling from cust requested date to find MAD

then system does avail check (using chking group & chking rule as basis) - if stock available it is comfirmed.

2 if no stock is available then only TOR is trigerred ,

(to triger TOR rtpe & r class system finds)

how can i chk whether the TOR trigerred any tcode where i can see this

PL suggest

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TOR is acivated in schedule line category in tode VOV6

TOR will get triggered even if the stocks are there

If the stocks are there/ plentily available the TOR becomes something like an information for MM colleagues

The order will appear in the MD04 as an information which they will view

If the stocks are not there TOR becomes something like an activity for MM colleagues which they have to arrange for stocks to meet that order requirements

TOR is activated means that order requirements is passed on to MM irresepctive of stocks are there or not

TOR is also acivated in schedule line category in tode OVZ8

Requirement type is linked to item cat + MRP type ( that is schedule line cat) in t code OVZI

In t code OVZH Requirement type is linked to requirement class

In t code OVZG the controls of requirement class is defined

This is how the entire thing is linked

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

in sorder -sline tab- shipping we have

Goods issue date

Loading date

Material avail.date

Transportation Plan. Date

where we can set how many days it will take

Pl let me know the path where days are specified

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These dates are calculated by the system according to the lead times maintained in the no of days

Loading time and pick/pack time is maintained in shipping point in t code OVLZ

Transit time and transportation planning time are maintained in route in t code 0VTC

If route determination is not there it is takes as zero days for Transit time and transportation planning time

MAD is calculated by the system based on these lead time

Regards

Raja

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In sales order item data->shipping tab you can see , Goods issue date , Loading date , Material avail.date

Transportation Plan. Date , these data can be viewed in shipping point details

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i checked

1 OVTZ But here loading time & pick pack time -it's taking in Hrs How to give in days 1 day /2 day

2 suppose if cust req date is 25.4.09 qty 100

picking/packing 1 day

loading 2 days

Now system does backward scheduling & arrive as MAD 22.4.09 & does avail check on 22.4

CAse 1 if partial stock say 50 then system confirms 50 qty -here i want to know from which date system does forward scheduling is it 22 or 25

case 2 if no stock is available on MAD 22.4.09 then system does forward scheduling from which date is it 22 or 25

PL sugggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master MRP 2 data tab you will find the field:

1.Planned Delivery Time in Days -This is the Number of calendar days needed to obtain the material or service if it is procured externally.

In MRP 3 data tab

2.Total replenishment lead time -

Total replenishment lead time (in workdays)

The total replenishment lead time is the time needed before the product is completely available again, that is, after all BOM levels have been procured or produced. It is not calculated by the system, but defined in this field as the total of the in-house production time(s) and/or the planned delivery time(s) of the longest production path.

This time is necessary if, for materials produced in-house, the replenishment lead time is to be taken into consideration in the availability check.

In an availability check where the system takes the replenishment lead time into consideration, it only checks whether there are sufficient incoming quantities and stocks available to cover the requirements within the replenishment lead time.

Outside the replenishment lead time,the system assumes that the material is available in sufficient quantity.

Therefore, in this situation, it is usually necessary to depict the product's total replenishment lead time with all BOM levels as the replenishment lead time.

Use

The following options exist for materials produced in-house if the replenishment lead time is included in the availability check:

If The Total replenishment lead time field is maintained.-In this case, the time maintained in this field is used for the availability check.

If The Total replenishment lead time field is not maintained.- In this case, the system reads the in-house production time and, if available, the goods receipt processing time, and interprets the total of these two times as the replenishment lead time for the availability check.

Hope you understood now ..

Ravi Thapliyal

IdhaSoft Ltd

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For your qn no 1 on t code OVLZ or OVXD

There is a field called determine load time

There you have to maintain C that is default from shipping point

Then another tab will open up below that where you can mention loading time in no of days

2 suppose if cust req date is 25.4.09 qty 100

picking/packing 1 day

loading 2 days

Now system does backward scheduling & arrive as MAD 22.4.09 & does avail check on 22.4

CAse 1 if partial stock say 50 then system confirms 50 qty -here i want to know from which date system does forward scheduling is it 22 or 25

case 2 if no stock is available on MAD 22.4.09 then system does forward scheduling from which date is it 22 or 25

the forward scheduling will take place on the date when the material is again available on your plant

In case the Stocks are not on 22.04.09 and if the stocks will be available on 23 rd or 24 th then forward scheduling will take place from that day on the fresh material availability date whenever the material is available at your plant

For forward scheduling the start point is the Fresh Material availabilty date and it is neither of the two dates as you mentioned in your example

Fresh Material availabilty date is determined by the incoming PO's PR's and GR processing times mentioned in MMR and RLT time etc

Check this link and this will be useful to you

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/AvailabletoPromise+%28ATP%29

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I chked the link -BUt still i'm not clear on -

Fresh Material availabilty date is determined by the incoming PO's PR's and GR processing times mentioned in MMR and RLT time etc

Can u pl explain how exactly system finds date from which forward scheduling is carried out

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose there is a material X stock is nil

Customer has ordered for this material order date today 29.04.2009 and wants delivery on 01.05.2009

order Qty is 10 units

Transit and transportation lead time say is 0

Pickpack time is 1 day

Loading time is 1 day

So backward now 01.05.2009 -- Pickpack time is 1 day -- Loading time is 1 day = 29.04.2009

That is on 29.04.2009 the system should find 10 units in unrestricted to confirm this order

But there is no stock

So backward fails and forward has to start

See in material master MRP2 view there is inhouse production time say 3 days and GR processing 1 day so total is 4 days (note these two are added) and view RLT time say 5 days

Now there are 2 cases

Case1 check without RLT time is ticked in your availability check controls in OVZ9

This means the RLT time 5 days is not considered at all

Now MRP run happens for the material

Order date is today 29.04.2009 + 4 days ( inhouse production time say 3 days and GR processing 1 day so total is 4 days ) =that is 02.05.2009 is the fresh MAD and forward scheduling happens from 02.05.2009 + Pickpack time is 1 day + Loading time is 1 day =04.05.2009

That is on 04.05.2009 the stocks can be confirmed

Case2 check without RLT time is not ticked in your availability check controls in OVZ9

This means the RLT time 5 days is considered (syatem is checking with RLT time)

Now MRP run happens for the material

If RLT is ticked that has the priority over the others

Order date is today 29.04.2009 + 5 days ( RLT time) =03.05.2009 becomes fresh MAD +2 days of lead time that is 05.05.2009 is the delivery date in case 2

If you rae clear on backward and forward then many of your doublts may not have arised at all

Lot of inputs are available on this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have 1 moredoubt

in your example suppose if in availabality setting check without rlt is not flagged

ie., RLT will be considered

BUt in material master we have;t mainatined any inhouse production date or RLT

1 this case if i'm not wrong -order date will become MAD

2. as u said if both in house production time /delivery time etc & RLT is given then always RLT will have priority

suppose inhouse + deliveryn time =6 days & RLT time say 4 days even then will RLT have priority

correct my understanding if i'm wrong

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

BUt in material master we have;t mainatined any inhouse production date or RLT

Yes this means system takes it as zero days and that is at the end of zero days the system assumes that stocks are available and from the order date that is today the stocks are available and starts forward scheduling and gives delivery date

but the stocks are not there

It will hit you in PGI

Yes for your qn no 1 your understanding is correct

The second one i think RLT will have the preference that means instead of actual 6 days or system will take it for 4 days RLT time but again the same will get struck at PGI

So in this case PGI can happen only after 2 more days

But i havent tested such scenario

You can do that and post back

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System Picks the checking group from material master data (sales org general plant data) & through it system picks checking rule.

Ravi Thapliyal

IdhaSoft Ltd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

OK

checking group will come from mat master (say 01) for this there are several chking rule assigned now system will pick which combination? on what criteria