gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you let me know your views on the following:

Scenario:

Customer has an LDAP and would like to use it for any user authentication

Question

1) How can a webdynpro application connect to LDAP for user authentication? Could you pls. elaborate on the process / configuration.

2) With WebDynpro for Java, I suppose we can configure the UME to use LDAP and also we can map LDAP users to R/3 users. Is there something similar available in ABAP (CUA-LDAP connectivity?)

3) I believe this needs to be configured at the ABAP Web Application Server level and when the settings are done user are authenticated against LDAP. Is my understanding right or do we need to code something within ABAP webdynpro application as well.

Appreciate your inputs.

Best Regards,

Gajendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This question is not directly related to WDA. WDA has not specialized authentication or login mechanisms. It is servered by the larger mechanisms of the entire Application Server or those inherited by being hosted within the Portal. You should post this question in one of the general Application Server forums or the Portal Forum as suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we get connected to the enterprise portal to have the access to LDAP where the users are mapped as per single sign-on.

Please try to post in the Enterprise portal aslo to get more information.

Regards,

Lekha.