cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Type is missing

former_member273995
Participant
0 Kudos

at the time time of Reversing / Cancellation through VL09 I am having following error, kindly help me to resolve this issue.

did i make any mistake in customizing ?

Enter Movement Type

Message no. M7018

diagnosis

You have not entered a value in field "Movement Type" although an entr

in this field is mandatory.

system Response

The system cannot continue processing.

procedure

Enter a value in field "Movement Type" or press F4 (possible entries).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in OMJJ - for movement type 601- what is the reversal movement type assigned. As 6* series is standard SAP defined, 602 should be there and while doing reversal it will get picked up automatically.

Did you maintain any customized movement type for delivery (check the delivery material document movement type ). If yes then maintain reversal mvt type for it.

For 602 mvt type, in allowed transactions VL09 will be there unless you did some changes to it.

Check the document - the movement type getting picked up. And also document settings once.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OMJJ, select Movement Type and Key in 602 and execute. Double click on "Allowed Transactions" and maintain VL09 there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

At the execution of transaction VL09 that is reversal of either PGI or PGR the reversal movement type is automatically picked by the system

According to my knowledge we cannot enter that manually

Suppose if the goods issue is done thro movement type 601 for a normal outbound delivery if you are reversing this PGI, then system automatically picks 602 movement type in the reversal which you can see in the reversal material document

For your issue i feel the reversal movement type may not have have been properly defined in t code OMJJ or somebody might have tampered some settings

For example 601 is properly defined but 602 is not properly defined like that

To help you further you need to explain what is your process ? which movement type has been used for PGI so that i can help you out with what is the standard settings

Regards

Raja

former_member273995
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

i have checked in the TCODE OMJJ the reversal movement type is not defined there I hope this is the issue thats why system is generating the error.