Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know is java stack is there for SCM 4.1 and SCM 4.0,

Secondly as Live Cache is inbuilt in the installation of SCM 4.1 ,Please let me know what are the settings , i would like to do if i want to install separate live cahe .

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not sure on java stack part but attaching a link containing detailed document on User manual for SAP Livecache based on SCM 4.1 which contains the parameters, tools etc.,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8e/08233beb3c484aa6e8af70f90ceb0d/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil.

Thanks for your help , but my it doesnot solve my queries.

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Can you please let me know the Process of Integrating SCM Server with r/3 , In R/3 say MM is configured and I wnated to View the material master data from live cache.

How we can configure that

Please help me

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

SAP has delivered installation guides for livecache and optimiser for different SCM versions.

This guides are available under the link

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000065738&;

This will help you to identify the required installations to be carried out.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Thanks for your reply, I know this Location , But my Query is that when we install SCM 4.0 or 4.1 or any other version , It asks for Live cache CD , so is live cache and optimizer inbuilt.

Then why other dedicated machine is required ,please help on this

Secondly if you can send your mobile no , thankful to you

Thanks & Regds

manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You can refer the following books

SAP APO System Administration - Author Liane Will

The SAP APO Knowledge Book - Author Wolfgang Eddigehausen

1) For configuration, firstly basis team has to carry out necessary configurations like creation of logical systems, setting up livecache, setting up RFC destinations to ensure connectivity between two systems

2) Ensure that all master data elements are properly maintained in R/3 including plant, product, work center, bom, routing, MRP views etc.,

3) Once it is done, then goto se38 and execute programme RIMODGEN.

4) Assign model name,logical system, apo application(your own logic) and put tick on plants

5) Execute it

6) carry out consistency check to check whether all items are maintained properly

7) Then save it so that your integration model gets created

😎 Then use programme RIMODACT and execute it with the same settings used for trainsferring plant

9) Start the integration model activation

10) Once it is created, you could able to view the model created under CFM5 transaction

11) Similarly, you need to create integration model for each and every master data and transactional data element.

12) The sequence of integration model creation is to be followed logically, for eg., without generating model for location, system will not allow you to create product because the system will consider it as location product entity.

13) By this way, all your master and transactional data can be integrated with SCM system.

Hope, I have tried to resolve your query. Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

There is one query , is Live cache and optimizer inbuilt on SAP SCM Server ( all Versions )

or we have install it separately for all SAP SCM versions.

Please help me on this

thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Integration between SCM & R/3 is achieved by Core-interface (CIF). In CIF, we need to create different integration models for different master data and transaction data elements so that the R/3 details will get integrated with SCM.

After setting the necessary basis settings for integration, integration models are first created by RIMODGEN programme for first time transfer and CFM1 transaction for subsequent transfers. The models thus created are activated using RIMODACT programme for initial activation and CFM2 transaction for subsequent activations.

Further more, details are available under the link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snthil ,

Thanks a lot ......,

I have gone through that , But if you have the Complete Steps for Configuration of CIF , I would be very thankful to you ,

If you Know any SAP APO administration book also, then Please let me know ,

I have installed SCM 4.1 Server whch is having in built Live cache , i have one R/3 server which is having MM Configured , As per you I have to configure CIF , Please also let me know what is Process for that

I will be most thanks full to you, Since I believe that you are the most experience person in APO

Please guide me to learn this technology in a step by step way.

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

You might find something of interest in the standard SAP Best Practices Configuration guides:

[B02 - Connectivity|http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

[B05 - Replication|http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

Rgds,

DB49