cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP integration with Visual Studio 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Every One..

I am VC++ developer. I like to know how to integrate my VC++ applications or components with SAP solutions. I am very very new to SAP.

I don't know even the basics of SAP architecture. Please could you give some links where I can get some documents to read about SAP and It's architecture. I don't have SAP system. Is it possible to download SAP evaluation software.

I need some documents regarding integration of VC++ 6.0 with SAP solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

i think is quite difficult to get an eval version of SAP R/3, dude

but you can use the Mini SAP R/3(kinda "portable" version), i think the simplest connection's way between RFC's and BAPI's also are available in that version.

I'm not sure how do some SAP connection between Visul Studio / COM components...but i already had listened something about it, you could search more from this issue : http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/1997/sept97/sapobjpr.mspx

At my integration team, we were replacing many older integrations(between VB + ASP + or someother COM component) by SAP .NET Connector, the new version of SAP(4.7 enterprise) needs the SAP .NET Connector to allow an integration between windows applications(usually developing with the new .NET architecture).

SAP is more than a simple huge and complex system dude, if you want, we could set up a conversation in private, ok ?

any interest, contact me back in acalderan@complex.inf.br

[]'s

Andre

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here a short history of the SAP integration technoloies that could be used from VC++:

1. RFC SDK / LIBRFC32 (full support for all SAP versions, but complicated to use)

2. BAPI OCX (and IDispatch wrapper for RFC functions; difficult to use from C++, easier from VB)

3. DCOM Component Connector (deprecated)

4. .NET Connector (could be used from managed C++ or from unmanaged C++ via COM interop)

5. Soap Processor (starting with WAS 6.20, R/3 4.7, all BAPIs can be accessed via Soap).

6. ABAP WebService Wizard (staring with 6.40, an advanced version of 5.)

7. ESA Services (can be seen as a standardized version of 6.; starting last year).