cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview SP16 - BAPI access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have to build a web dynpro application which must access a BAPI. I can generate the model and run the application but the app crashes when I launch it. The error is:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to load client to connect to SLD. Please check your SLD connection settings using the Visual Admin.

... so I tried to configure the SLD: can anyone help me on this ?

I work with Sneak Preview SP16 - which is quite diferent from SP11 and even SP15 regarding the initial configuration...

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francois,

Can you post the exact error message you get when you test the the connection.

Thank You.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=iwdfe010 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=EA3 MSSERV=sapmsEA3 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host 10.16.140.59, service sapmsEA3) TIME Fri Apr 07 18:50:49 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8579 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I have followed the same steps that u have done and got the same error.But I have solved the problem and it works fine for me.

Go to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/services.

<b>automatically system generated lines.</b>

sapdp01s 4701/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Security Port

sapgw01s 4801/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port

sapgw00s 4800/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port

<b>Include this line with the same spacing as above</b>

sapms<SID> 3601/tcp

This should help u solving ur problem,

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, but the line is already there...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francois,

I noticed that you unassigned reward points to me. Why would you do such a thing?

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the points, I just forgot - now it's ok !

Thanks for your parameters, I have the same and the problem is still the same.

When you create a new JCo destination, step 3 'Connection type' is vital: here is the problem for me.

When I choose direct connection, the connection is ok. When I choose load balanced connection, it fails (it even doesn't ping !). I don't understand why...

And again: thanks for your precious help !

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Francois,

I spent two days of this as well. I know exactly the feeling.

Everything I have done to get the Adaptive RFC to work is from SDN. I dont believe I know more than you do at this point.

I however strongly feel you missed a step somewhere.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you're right, I must have missed some point... I'll investigate this and keep you posted !

Thanks again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently the problem comes from the technical system configuration. Could you give me an example of an abap system in your SLD ? Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally the problem was the SAProuter & the SAP system user... It works, now. Thanks for your help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

I have the error message below, I guess the problem should be with "<b>Group PUBLIC not found"</b> but I can not figure out. Can you let me know how you did solve the problem with SAP router?

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hpxp2 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=NSP MSSERV=sapmsNSP PCS=1 ERROR Group <b>PUBLIC not found</b> TIME Wed May 24 20:44:40 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3515 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

Please refer to my post "NW2004sSneakPreviewABAP ERROR: Message Sever could not find any group"

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did nothing special with the SAP router - once it was up and running and the correct address was entered in the JCo configuration it worked fine...

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My Entries.

<b>Destination Name</b>

Name wd_rfc_metadata_dest

Client 100

<b>JCo Pool Configuration</b>

Maximal Pool Size 5

Maximum Connections 10

Connection Timout (msec.) 10,000

Maximum Waiting Time (msec.) 30,000

<b> Define the message server</b>, system name and the logon group used by the JCO connection.

Message Server L01_lab4

System Name L01

Logon Group PUBLIC

Use SAP Router (UNCHECKED)

SAP Router String BLANK

<b>User Authentication</b>

Used Method LOGON/PASSWORD

Name RFCUSER1 - has sap_all dialog user

Password RFCUSER1 - user is in public group

Confirm Password RFCUSER1 (ALL THREE CAPS )

Language English

<b>Secure Network Connection (SNC)</b>

SNC Mode OFF

SNC Partner Name

SNC Security Level

SNC Name

SNC Library Path

Pleae check your entries.

Sumit.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francois,

This below entry removed the error for me for the load balanced connection.

You have to set the service name in the path as shown below

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

Make sure that the service name and port no are correctly copied there

It should be in the format

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Thank You.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I add this line a can successfully perform a 'direct server connection', but not to a 'load balanced connection'...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

please check the following :

-o Is the BAPI correctly registered in the BAPI explorer. SWO1 transaction.

-o did u give the user, password and port for SLD in the Visual Admin. Go to Visual Admin and under server -> services -> SLD Data Supplier select the TAB CIM Client Generation and mention the user,pwd, port and hostname. After that in the SLD import the CIM content files and create a technical system.

-o Have you checked the JCO Connections whether they are valid.

-o the user name / pwd used during the connecting the BAPI or RFC is correct.

-o Well help link in one of the sdn forums.

Let us know if you solved it and where was the problem.

rgds,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit, hello Sreenivas,

- BAPI is registered (BAPI explorer works in NWDS...) and the access is confirmed;

- Access to SLD in Visual Admin: done;

- JCo connection: I don't know exactly what are the parameters I need to enter. And also, to create a JCo connection I first have to create a technical system in SLD, right ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u r absolutely right.

1) For JCo connection u have to create ur technical system in ur SLD.

2) This technical system should contain all the information abt the backend server u r going to access.

3) After creating the technical system successfully go to the visual admin-->SLD data supplier and grant permissions to all the provided lists.

4) Go to webdynpro content administrator and then create a new jco destination and then configure it.

5) Once u have created all the steps test ur jco connections if all this is successful, u will c ur destinations marked in green.

Thats the end of the process.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francois,

One more thing that I learnt from Nagarajan is that you have to create a load balanced connection, and not a single connection.

You can configure this when you create the JCO connection in the Webdynpro Content Administrator.

Cheers,

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

1, 2: ok. For 3, what do you mean, exactly ? In CIM Client Generation settings, check all the items list ?

Also when I create a JCo connection the ping doesn't respond (although I can ping the server from a command prompt and added the sapms<SID> service in my service file) - the error is partner not reached...

I tried to create a JCo test connection to this server with Connection type "Application data" and "Single server connection": ping works but user authentication doesn't (I checked my usr/pass uin the system, they're ok...)

Thanks for your help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem partly solved - there was an issue with the user account in the SAP system.

Now I have this error:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_RFC_SRM_METADATA' not properly defined! <b>Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider.</b> Either the logical System Name 'WD_RFC_SRM_METADATA' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

The other RFC connection seems to be working - this metadata connection doesn't work because during the creation I'm forced to choose Dictionary Metadata > <b>Load balanced connection</b>. This makes even the ping doesn't work. In single server mode the connection works.

Any help is greatly welcome !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I think so u have missed out some step whil creating ur connections.

Do check on this thread which describres u about the installation steps.It has given step by step procedure to setup SLD and JCO.

check whether u are through with all the steps.

Hope this helps u better,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please try the weblog

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak?state=7

Thank You.

Sumit.