cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select the business object in ESR and the packages used in SAP 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use the Service interfaces of ESR available in ESA ECC-SE 604 and a few in SAP APPL 6.04.

How can we choose the GDT,Business objects or Service interfaces for the requirments?

Can we know which package provides which objects like what are the available things in ESA ECC-SE 604 and when should PI or ECC use it.

I am trying to create functional location Service interface(Installation Point ) and Equipment (Indivisual Material) for untillities requirment.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For choosing the GDT, Business objects or Service interfaces for the requirements you first need to create dependencies between the components. For that read the "Defining Dependencies Between SWCV and EnSWCV in SLD" topic from the following link

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d]

SAP has published all Services that support SAP Business Suite functionality on the Enterprise Services Workplace in the SAP Developer Network (SDN). You can refer that for getting the information of different services and their objects.

Regards,

Jitender

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need more understanding in choosing the SWCV of ESA ECC or SAP APPL.

1.If a business object Service interface is available in both SWCV,which one should i select.

2.Some business objects of Asset or Utilities are available in ESA ECC and few are available in SAP APPL.What is difference according to SAP?How will PI determine the selection.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the link ,it was a helpful one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitender ,

We created the required dependencies.

The main issue is how do i choose to use the Service interfaces of SAP APPL 604 orESA ECC 604.Which SWCV SAP or ESA should i use for my Service interfaces.What is the difference of these two SWCV and how can these be available in both PI and ABAP.Do i need to have XI and ABAP content imported for both?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do i choose to use the Service interfaces

Please follow this link.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/ck/implementationGuideISFP-001]

Which SWCV SAP or ESA should i use for my Service interfaces.

In Integration Repository you will find all the necessary technical information about the ES, such as message interfaces, message types etc. Choose the one which fulfill your requirement.