SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving table data DBERCHR using object ISU_BILLZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've to archive DBERCHR table data using object ISU_BILLZ and coming accross issues.

Would like to know what are the prerequisites to archive such data.

There are also some archived data performed by the previous user and when I try to delete them it does not delete them.

when I try to write data get the following messages.

There are still incomplete archiving sessions.

As long as there are incomplete archiving sessions, th

that data is archived more than once as not all archiv

processed by the relavant delete program.

You should take this into account before you proceed.

I am new to archiving and would like to know the complete process. If someone has come across the above situation, please share your answers.

Regards

MS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The error message that you are getting is because there is still some Archived data that is writen to the file but has not been deleted from the Database table. Unless and until, that session is completed, you cannot proceed.

The best solution for you is to to go T-code SARA, select the Archiving object as ISU_BILLZ and press Enter, You will get 5 buttons below that-_ Preprocessing, Write, Delete,Read and Management.

Click Delete and maintain the parameters for Archive selection, Start date and Spool and select a Variant and execute.

You also need to find out what all settings corresponding to the Archiving object, the previous user has done. Fir this, go to T-code AOBJ and enter the name of the object and then go through the rest of the sections in there.

For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2a/fa047b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Kindly let me know in case you need any further clarifications for the same.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The error message that you are getting is because there is still some Archived data that is writen to the file but has not been deleted from the Database table. Unless and until, that session is completed, you cannot proceed.

The best solution for you is to to go T-code SARA, select the Archiving object as ISU_BILLZ and press Enter, You will get 5 buttons below that-_ Preprocessing, Write, Delete,Read and Management.

Click Delete and maintain the parameters for Archive selection, Start date and Spool and select a Variant and execute.

You also need to find out what all settings corresponding to the Archiving object, the previous user has done. Fir this, go to T-code AOBJ and enter the name of the object and then go through the rest of the sections in there.

For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2a/fa047b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Kindly let me know in case you need any further clarifications for the same.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

0 Kudos

Thanks Puneet,

I managed to do it, your answers also helped me.

I've couple of others,

1. Is there any limitation to change the retention period(in days) of the document(billing docs, print docs). or we can change it to 0 days also.

2. Once the data has been archived( written and deleted), how can we reload the data back to the table?

Regards

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is very good documentation with this object. Go to SARA, enter the object name and click on the 'i' icon for documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks