cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering absence hours on planned holiday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to allow absence hours to be entered on a planned holiday. We enter time via CATS. When I enter absence hours on a planned holiday, or on a non-planned work day, the hours entered is changed to 0. I need the system to accept the absence hours entered on a non-planned work day or holiday. When I enter attendance hours on a non-planned work day or holiday the system accepts the hours as entered.

Does the absence counting rules control this? I have the Condition for planned hours, planned hours = 0 and planned hours > 0 both checked for the absence in question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, did you ever get an answer on this? I have an employee who needs to enter 2 hours of compensatory leave on a holiday, and SAP is calculating it to 12 hours (full calendar day) of comp time leave. Any idea why this could be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you maintaining the work schedules for these employees for which you need to enter absence hours on a planned holiday?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the people who this will apply to will have 4 day/10 hour per day work schedules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If an employee is working on a declared Holiday, then there are possibilities of the employee working hours being recorded and either given comp-off or get paid for the no. of hours worked. But i dont understand why an employee's absence hours has to be recorded on a declared holiday?, do you have any calculations linked to it?

Can you explain your requirement in detail?

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason for the need to enter certain absences on a holiday is some hourly people work 4 day, 10 hour per day shifts. Payroll has decided that they will only pay 8 hours of holiday pay on a holiday so the hourly people will be short 2 hours for the week. Payroll will allow the employee to enter 2 hours of vacation time to make up the difference.

That is why a substitution work schedule is not the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I solved my issue. On the 10 hr, 4 day a week work schedule the day type was set to 1, off/paid, for holiday class 1 (my holiday). This made the planned work time to be 0 and thus not allowing an entry of hours. I created a new selection rule for day types that sets the day type for holiday class 1 to be blank, which is work/paid. This makes the planned hours for the day to be 10 but still indicates that the public holiday class is 1 on the holiday. This allows me to enter absences hours on the holiday but in time evaluation the day is still set to be a holiday.

indraneel_dasbarua
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

i have an issue with sunday.

Few of my employees work in shift timings and works even on sundays.

so in there case if sunday becomes a working day they should be allowed to take casual leave.

i have configured the system but not happening. If i configure for sunday this becomes available to all employees but i want to restrict it to only 03shift workers.

Please guide

Indraneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintain the maximum days to your absence type.

Regards

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devi, not sure what the maximum days is. Please explain