cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Email through standard workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Workflow Gurus,

I want to send an Email through standard workflow. Is it possible? I am working on T&E module. When some one creates a travel request, a notification is going in the managers SAP inbox (SBWP ) but he do not want to keep checking SAP inbox. Instead he wants an E-mail in the outlook so that he can go to SAP inbox and approve the request. I have configured standard workflow WS20000050 and everything is working very fine except this Email. Can you please help me out guys. Do I need to create Z workflow using standard WF and then add a step for Email ?

Thanks in Advance,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could add a step to the workflow to send an email, but much better would be configure RSWUWFML2 or Extended Notifications (ECC6 & higher) which will do the same for any number of workflows.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for the reply but I have a doubt? I have gone through the RSWUWFML2 program but not sure how does it work? Do you have any document for configuring this program? I need to determine the Email receiver from the managers profile. Is it possible? Also the initiator of the workflow needs a Email in his outlook once his request is approved.

Thanks,

Manish.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You'll have to schedule RSWUWFML2 to run every hour or so but you can just run it as a once-off right now and see all the options on the screen. It's fairly straightforward. If there's a problem you can always search the SAP Help, or this forum, but really it is quite simple. Try it!

For notifying the initiator you'll have to create a Sendmail step within the workflow.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this [Link |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/moH8B] to configure RSWUWFML2 Program.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surjith and Rick both. It was great interacting with you guys. It working absolutely fine. There is one last issue. If the person doesn't read the work item from SAP inbox then every time I run SWUWFML2 program ( as scheduled every hour ) it keeps on sending the E-mail. Is there any way I can stop it so that it sends the mail only once. Also want to know the significance of JOB Suffix and SAP LOGON ID.

Thanks a lot.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the CheckBox 'New Work item Only'

Regards,

Surjith

Edited by: surjith kumar on Apr 16, 2009 8:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surjith,

I have selected the same option 'New work items only' but the problem is if the person doesnt check his SAP mail box then it remains as New work item in his mail box. Because of this every time the program runs it sees that there is new work item but he cant track that it has already sent mail for that work item and so it sends the mail again until person goes and checks the SAP Inbox. I hope you are getting me.

Thanks,

Manish.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"New work items only" doesn't look at whether someone has accessed or read a workitem, but instead looks at any new ones that have come along since the last run of RSWUWFML2.

You may want to check your variant and/or check if the user is mistaken.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

You are right. I accidently executed the program twice in 2 seconds and I think system was not able to update the log table which keeps track of last run. And so I got mail twice in my outlook box. But I tested it again and its working fine. You guys are great. Thanks for all the patience and support. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Manish.

Answers (0)