cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values for service provider in transaction TRIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus...

We are implementing travel management and I have a problem... here's the scenario

Tha gl account that should be used for a specific trip recepit depends on the following:

The expense type

The company specific type of trip

The Employee grouping for Travel Management

What we have done so far is :

create a service provider for every combination of trip_type/employee_grouping

create entries in V_T706B4 for every valid combination of expense_type/service_provider

configure transfer to accounting

With this configuration the gl account is determined correctly. However this way of solving the situation means that the user must enter the service provider for every recepit entered in the expense report. Given that in our particular scenario the service provider depends on data that has been already entered (type of trip) or that "the system should know" (employee grouping), users are not happy about having to enter the service provider.

¿Is there a way to assign default values to the service provider, and would it be possible to code/configure somewhere how to set those default values? I tried doing it through the trip schema, but apparently it is not possible to set a default service provider that way. I also tried setting the values in the user exit (b4 assigning trip number) but this doesn't work since the user exit is called after the standard validation. I also tried implementing subroutine USER_EVAL_RECEIPT, but this doesn't seem to work in transaction TRIP.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Juan Ramon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check is there any parameter value exists for the field if so assign the value in the user profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AP.

Thogh your suggestion is helpful (I might use profile parameters somewhere else) thre is no parameter for the field I need. In any case It wouldn't have solved the issue completely, since the default value I need depends on both the employee(user) and the type of trip that's selected.

Answers (0)