cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I want to use the functionality of the Matrix product where one create a master product and then creates variants. I am not using SAP retail but I am implementing a product master for a e - commerce company . They have a variety of products that they sell on line . The requirements is to implement something like the martix appl where we create a master and then create a variant, My question to you all is whether I can use Matrix appl as it is to even when I am not using the Article repository . What should i do to make the application work . Does somebody has any details and documentation apart from what I get on SMP. ?

Thanks

Ray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RJ,

I want to use the functionality of the Matrix product where one create a master product and then creates variants. I am not using SAP retail but I am implementing a product master for a e - commerce company . They have a variety of products that they sell on line . The requirements is to implement something like the martix appl where we create a master and then create a variant, My question to you all is whether I can use Matrix appl as it is to even when I am not using the Article repository . What should i do to make the application work . Does somebody has any details and documentation apart from what I get on SMP. ?

Yes you are right in saying that the Matrix application is suitable while using MDM with a Retail system. However, this fuctionality is used to create Master records and its variants.

I have not worked on this application of MDM, however as far as i understand, if you want to create variants with Products, it should support your requirement. The article below talks about selling products online.

Please refer to this article below:

MDM Matrix Application for SAP Retail - Part 1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9075aef0-2e4c-2b10-95b8-f9588b72...

This can guide you on steps needed to be followed to set this up. Please test it for your requirement.

There is very less documentation available available on Matrix Application. I found this article very helpful and informative.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain