cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Ship To Partner for Subcontract POs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a vendor with multiple "repair centers" around the world. I send repairs to the various vendor locations depending on the type of repair.

I want to use the same VN (vendor) partner for all of the repair locations. However, the problem is that the delivery document that is created for the warehouse seems to only use the "customer address" associated to VN partner. This does not work since there are actually multiple addresses that the repair could be sent to.

Here are the options so far:

1. Create different vendor codes for each "repair center". This does not allow me to use one VN partner thus multiplying my master data.

2. Overwrite the delivery address on the delivery document itself. This could be an issue with timing due to the fact that we use the SAP warehouse module and they will instantly see the delivery as created.

3. Create a custom user exit to overwrite the delivery address on the delivery document for specific repair centers (perhaps based on a custom partner that the user applies to the PO header).

Does anybody have any other suggestions such as using other partners on the PO header?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've had a similar requirement. The ship-to is determined by the corresponding customer master. If you have multiple ship-to's for a customer and you create an order in SD, a popup comes up and asks you to choose a ship-to. In ME2o this does not happen. If you mark a specific ship-to as default, it will always pick up this one up but you're not going to change the default each time.

I would go for a BADI or exit, which allows you to choose between the different ship-to's (just as in SD).

MZ

Edited by: MZ on Apr 16, 2009 9:33 AM