cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page footer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I want to make footer for all portal pages. Our requirement is that footer should be always on the screen.

What is the best way of achieving above?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

DK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

You could probably do something with the Framework page. Try creating an iview for the footer and add it into the Framework page, or Innerpage.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a6/1c67161be54bc19cfa86e187819fbe/frameset.htm

Regards

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane!

I tried to play with framework page. But there's two things:

1) Footer iView (actually KM document iView, displaying *.html file from KM) appears, but at the actual bottom of the page. If a page is "long", this footer is not always displayed (visible by user), it's "sowhere down there".

2) For some reason this footer has scroll bar. iView height is set to FIXED, but it's still there. I even tried to display not a *.html file but *.gif (with known and fixed height), no luck. "Add Padding Inside Tray" is set to "No".

By the way, is it possible to somehow "prohibit" scrollbar?

Thanks for help!

DK

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends on the overall design of the framework page.

I wanted to to the same, but given the dynamic nature of the different curcumstances, this will be difficult.

All elements in the framework page are "frames", therefore you will always have the scrollbar problem, it is a browser issue depending on viewable size, not a customizing issue.

If you do plain html of the whole page, you can have only one element, one KM-based html-layout. This one can be maintained and controlled via KM checkin/checkout. But then, you will have problems using various iviews along the way and it is not dynamic.

You can write an "footer iview" and assign it on runtime to the roles.

There is no "straight forward" way to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Not sure how to fix no. 1 - I had a quick play & got the same thing.

No. 2 - I've had this problem before & had to write a html page that includes some code to remove all padding that might be added by portal/browser, for example:

Hope this helps.

Jane

Answers (0)