cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS alert monitoring data for ORACLE is not visible in Central system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed sapccm4x agents in the CI of the Satellite System and it shows in the Central System as sucessfully registered under Agents for remote System and the RFC Connection test is also successfull. When i check in RZ20 in Central System not all the predefined monitors are visible of the Satellite System in the Central System and mainly the MTE element ORACLE. The database,CI and other instances on the Satellite System are installed on separate hardware. As said the database is installed not with the CI but a standalone.

Please let us know what needs to be configured in order to get the MTE element of ORACLE to show in the Central System.

Thanks,

Vinod Meno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the setup required to be configured on the ci.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

Then you should install sapccmsr agent on your db server to get it monitored into your central system !

if you need help let us know

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The sapccmsr agent is installed on the DB which runs Oracle.The sapccmsr is configured to the CI as the Central System of the application in order to populate the data from the DB to the CI.As said i can populate data on the Central System from the CI but it doesnt bring up the MTE element Oracle.The same issue goes with a standalone Java System where the sapccmsr agent is installed and most of the MTE are populated into the Central System except for the MTE element Oracle.

Any inforamation on this will be helpfull...

Thanks,

Vinod Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

You have installed sapccmsr in db/standalonejava server to connect to CI as central system, as i understood here. Are you able to see this sapccmsr agent in monitoring topoloy in your CI system in 'ccmsagents for remote systems' and is it working ? in RZ21

Also, why don't you install/register sapccmsr in db/java system to connect it to your Actual Central system directly ? Are you thinking of first sending the data from db to CI and then same data from CI to Central ?

thanks

bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhudev,

Thanks for the quick respose..

1.Sapccmsr agent is installed on Java standalone server and it has been sucessfully registered and running and we can grep the process to see its state as well as in the Central System i can see under ccms agents for remote systems it shows and the RFC connection test is also sucessfull.

2.Yes we are sending the data from the DB to CI first,but we also want the data visible in the Central System mainly for the MTE element Oracle.The filesystem of the Satellite Systems shows up in the Central System but i am intrested to capture the MTE element Oracle since we plan to monitor the tablespaces threhold .

I am thinking of opening an SAP message but i am trying to see if i can get some info that can give me the result.

Regards,

Vinod Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

May be once you can try Note 1139623 - Using transaction RZ20 to monitor remote Oracle databases

however, you could also try to monitor your db/standalonejava system directly from Central system, instead of db->CI->Central system

thanks

Bhudev