Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter-Module configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following requiremnt.

"Duplicate files should not process"

Following are the File Access Parameters.

Source Directory: ABC (ex: contains aa1,aa2,aa3,aa4 files)

Filename: *

File name mask: aa*

My doubt is if they place aa1 file again in ftp , i should not process.

For this I'm thinking to write module configuration.

Can any one suggests , whether this is the correct approach? If it is could u explain how to write this module and where to write this module and how to import in xI, do i need to pass any parameter name in module configuration.

Regards,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

You can go with Module in the Sender File Adapter.

First you need to check the file name and you need to store this file name in the Database.( you can use Java Database).

If there is an entry in the database for that file, then reject the whole file as per the business requirement. So that you can avoid , overhead of Mapping. Because if there is an error set the flag in the message and check this flag in your Receiver Determination, if it is an error send into error directory.

Another way is outside the XI, i.e using shell scripts.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write the module in which you pick up the file name and store this file name some where in database. When you pick up the next file, check the file name in database then set some error in payload and in receiver determination, check the error flag. If error send the file with error or do the error handling else successfully process the file.

Use the module in your file adapetr.

Thanks,

Prateek