cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of status profile for service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the statuses used for Support Notifications (transation type SLFN), change the names and also add new ones.

I changed the user statuses in the IMG under Solution Manager->scenario specific settings->service desk->service desk. Now this makes it impossible to change the status of notifications that I create.

What more do I need to do?

/Thanks

Jonas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not really understanding your problem Jonas. Did you copy the default status profile and then modify the copy? If so, did you assign it to SLFN? What exact changes did you perform? Please copy and paste the values of your status profile in here. The more info you give us the easier it is to solve.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did copy the standard but got stuck, it seamed as though number ranges etc had to be set-up for the new profile and I can't spend to much time setting things up from scratch.

I just changed the standard profile SFLN.

I could not find any way of attaching a screenshot but I'm using these statuses:

10 NEW New

20 OPEN Open

30 FIXD Fixed

40 MIGR Migrated

50 REJE Rejected

60 REOP Re-open (previosly confirmed)

70 CHRQ Change Request

80 CUST Customer Action

90 CLOS Close

Highest is set to 90 for all and lowest to 10 for 10, 90 for 90 and 20 for all the rest.

It is actuallly the notifications with status re-open that I have problems with.

When double-clicking on a status in teh IMG I come to a transaction control screen. There are more entries here for the re-open status than for the other statuses. How does this transaction control screen work?

/Regards

Jonas

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok that helps. If you look at the very right hand colum of the table where you pulled these entries you'll see things like FINI and INPR. If a message hits confirmed (FINI) it's dead, so even though you renamed it to re-open, it's still going to die when it hits this value. Change Re-open to Close and set it's value to 90, change the min/max accordingly and all should be good. I'm making some assumptions here, let me know if this seems right.

edit: Oh and change Close to Re-open and set it's value to 60.

regards,

Jason

Edited by: Jason H on Apr 15, 2009 10:38 PM

Edited by: Jason H on Apr 15, 2009 10:39 PM