cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Vb6 Aplication from Crystal Report 8.5 to Crystal Report 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a product developed with Crystal Report 8.5 in which use CrViewer.dll, CrDesignerCtrl.dll and craxddrt.dll , this application is built in vb 6.0 and require upgrade to new versions of Crystal Report, test with version XI and with some changes achieved without much problem migrating to this version, try the same with the 2008 version (version 12) but did not find the COM versions of these components, I would say if there is any way to migrate my application to this new version?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a note on this, I have old VB6 applications that use CR 7.0, updated VB6 apps that use CR XI R2 and new .NET apps that use CR 2008 all on the same machine and all 'play nicely' side by side.

I found that it was just not an option to upgrade my VB6 apps to .NET as the cost and time was just too much and moving to CR 2008 rather than XI R2 didn't give me anything more for the reports in those apps.

Regards

Paul

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thnx for this post Paul. I suppose I should have mentioned that there is one other option; Get CR XI r2 and upgrade the app to use he RDC from there. Seeing as Fabian is upgrading from CR 8.5, perhaps staying with CR XI r2 for a few versions will be OK too. (e.g.; CR 8.5 -> 12 = 5 years to upgrade...) However this would mean that Fabian needs to purchase CR XI r2 (and I'm not in sales... honest!)

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can migrate, you can not upgrade (semantics I suppose). E.g.; the RDC was deprecated in CR XI r1 and retired in CR 2008. Thus there is no way for you to upgrade to version 12 of the RDC as there is no such thing. So, from here, you have two options: migrate / port the app to .NET, or Java SDKs.

Re. RDC, see my blog here:

/people/ludek.uher/blog/2008/10/20/report-designer-component--past-present-future

For porting the app to .NET, see this article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0eb394f-931e-2b10-3b82-9413bfc3...

Ludek