cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to create client copy within system? Can you help me??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I chose SAP_APPL profile but when client copy create successfully. I use T.code FB70 for check. The data is still.

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minh

From which client you are copying the new client ? means, is the source client 000 ?

this seems to be some functional tcode, but you can give a try to SAP_CUST too

thanks

Bhudev

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perry Sedlar,

Which profile did you creat the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar (RZ10)? You should chose default profile.

Thanks

Duypm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm plan to do the client copy from PRD client 600 to PRD client 700.Client 700 i need to do has a testing environment,because the data and config in QAS not same.Thats why its difficult to test if have a problem...

may I know what is the step i need to follow to do the client copy.procedure or step to check the system b4 proceed..

Because i'm scare if the copy is fail or damage the source client.Mine using system ECC6.0 and database using SQL 2005.

TQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahril,

Please follow the below instructions

1. Go to the transaction SCCL, Select the source client as 001, a target client (e.g 100)

2. The client copy does not take care sxmb_adm configuration, connection objects and exchange profile. These steps have to be performed manually.

a) Logon to the old client, and run sxmb_adm. Deregister the queues and set the role of the business system to " not yet configured".

b)Logon on to the new client register the queues and set the Business system to "Integration Server".

c) Register all Queues

d)Changes to Connections

3)

ABAP Stack

In the ABAP stack execute the transaction SM59 and locate the HTTP connection - INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI

Change the Client from 001 to 100 (as mentioned in the example)

4) Java Stack

There are a couple of places to change the logon client in the JAVA stack

1) In the Java stack -

Logon to the NW administrator and go to the Destinations

Configuration Management -> Security -> Destinations

Change the client in

a) I18NBackendConnection

b) I18NBackendConnection

f) The JCo RFC destination

The client has to changed for the four connection objects show below.

5)

Exchange Profile :

The Exchange profile defaults to the client 001 if a client copy is not performed. Go ahead and change the client for the following entries -

com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.client

com.sap.aii.connect.rwb.r3.client

com.sap.aii.ib.server.connect.webas.r3.client

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.client

The Final Step -

Change your client in your SLD business system. I found that it is better to delete the existing BS and create a new one with the same name.

Restart the system and you are ready to operate from your new system

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

TQ Sir,

But why the procedure quite difficult and very long process.In my reading the procedure not very long process,but i don't know its using the sql database or oracle.sir,what u means the NW administrator,where to logon? we have the portal for ess/mss only.i'll already logon to the portal but did not find the path u given before..can u give the details and easy to me to understand..

TQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is solved

Thanks

Duypm

former_member302028
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Duypm,

I am running into basically the same problem you had. I purchased the SDN Subscription (NetWeaver) and have virtually no basis skills. I am really struggling through the install and post install steps.

Could you let me know what user you logged in as and client e.g. did you use id: sap* and client 000 when you created the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar (RZ10)?

I am logging into client 000 with sap* and create the parameter in RZ10. When I restart the server and log back in, the new parameter is not there. It looks like I have client 000, 001 and 066.

Any thoughts on how you solved the problems would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Perry Sedlar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I chose source client 000 and profile SAP_ALL. But Data is still (I use T.code FB70 for check).Can you help me create fresh client copy? And Can you give me solution to check fresh client other T.code FB70?

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create client with no data (fresh client system). Which profile can i choose?

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can choose SAP_APPL

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are overview documents. Can you give me step by step, how to change password default for new client?(default is sap*/pass).

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minh

login into new client using sap*/pass and just create a new user in this client and give the password, and use that user/password.

and if you want to disable sap*/pass, then again you have to change the value of profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 1 in the profile.

you can also use ddic user. Just login using sap*/pass and reset the password for ddic and then use ddic/password to login into new client.

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this link will show u step by step procedure for ur requirement [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

Also see this [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

and this for error handling [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

Thanks ad regards,

Kubra Fatima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you instruct to change password default for new client copy?

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created Client Copy.

Thank you very much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create client copy, it show error "RFC destination copy". It request create an RFC destination with the target ZK>source client of client copy (in this case 000). Can you help me? how to create RFC?? Could you step by step?

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Minh

RFC can be created through SM59

Loigin into your new client

SM59--> create -->give name of rfc (like PRDCLNT000)(PRD is ur SID)

type of rfc (select from dropdown as type 3 ie. ABAP connection)

technical details-->server will automatically come in which you already logged in (or you should place your server name if it doesnt come and select resolve by IP or host name)

Logon and security--> give userid and password (of any user in client 000)(user should be a service user or communication user so as to avaid password lock situation)

save it

test the connection by connection tes

test the authorization test by Menu> test> authorizaiton test

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you step by step for create a new client using SCC4??

Thank you very much

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RZ11

enter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar and check that this is set to 0

If this is set to 0 (field current value) make the change from 1 to 0 as explained before

Now goto SCC4 (in whatever client)

Go into edit mode

Click on new entries

Enter Client like "100" and a description

Enter a City

Enter Std currency (USD or EUR e.g.)

Select the Client Role (probably test?)

adjust the rest of the setting if you know what to select

Save

Now you can login to your new client 100 with SAP* and PASS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

Can you step by step for set this profile parameter to 0?

Thank you very much!

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto RZ10

select the DEFAULT profile

select Extended Maintenance

Click Change

marke the line login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

change the value from 1 to 0

save

logout

reboot the entire SAP System

login to your new client with SAP* and password: PASS

after that you might want to make sure to revert login/no_automatic_user_sapstar back to 1

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

I login client 001 and create client 002 by using CSS4. After that I logout client 001 and login by client 002 with user SAP*. It show error.

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minh

then set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 using RZ10 and then you have to restart SAP too to get it activated

go to rz10, select instance profile, go to extended maintainance, switch to change mode, create this parameter and it's value, press the copy button, then restart SAP and activate the profile

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not login newly user create by SAP*.

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

How to Create a new client using SCC4? When I create a new client using CSS4, I can not login by SAP*. Can you help me?

Thanks

Minh Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

First in which client you are logged on to run SCC4 ?

you can logon into any client available where you have userid and have authorization to run SCC4 or you can say normal basis auth.

or you are saying that after creating a new client in SCC4, then you are not able to login into new client using SAP* ?

once make me clear with this

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

ok, for this SAP* login to work for new client, first you have to set a profile parameter and it's value to 0

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

you have to create this profile parameter in instance profile using RZ10

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Hello

To create a client 'copy of another', first you have to create a new client and then will have to do LOCAL client copy ie. client copy within the system.

1. Create a new client using SCC4 (you can login into any previously existing client for this or 000)

2. You can assign a logical system to this client (optional) (logical systems can be created using BD54)

3. Then Login to this new created client using the user SAP* and the password as PASS

4. Then you have to run a local client copy ie. run tcode SCCL

5. in SCCL, choose the profile (SAP_ALL), source client (from where you want to copy all the data into this newly created client, normally you should choose 000), choose the target client (the same which is newly created in scc4 and in which you are logged in)

6. schedule it in background to run as 'immediately'

7. You can monitor the progress via SCC3 and at the same time, sm21 to see if db errors

thanks

Bhudev