cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF Arrears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going live in May. So the payroll for April period would be generated by SAP. But, there is an issue to handle PF Arrears.

The client has not paid the PF Arrears of Jan, Feb, and March to the PF dept., yet and planning to pay in April.

can you suggest, how to handle this.

Thanks in advance

....Sadhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client has not paid the PF arrears or the PF amount for Jan, Feb and Mar?

In any case, I don't think this can be handled from the system. The system will provide the required data only if the PF or the PF arrears for Jan, Feb and Mar is calculated by SAP.

In this case I think you will need to arrive at the PF or the PF arrear amount manually for Jan, Feb and Mar and club this with the PF amount from SAP for April to get the total amount of PF.

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VK,

But how to add the manual amount to SAP calculated amount and feed in SAP again?

The results to be stored in SAP for arriving at Statutory reports like 3A and other reports where in this arrears to be displayed.

...Sadhu

Vivek_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Form 3A or any other annual PF reports will get the values of /3F series WTs from the RT for a year from March to February.

In your case the value for April to February would be in the system as the payroll is being run for April in SAP. To get the values of March in your reports you need to activate the BAdI provided for the same. Check IMG: Payroll -> Payroll India -> Statutory Social Contribution -> Provident Fund -> BAdI: March Data Upload for Annual PF/Pension Report.

On activating this BAdI, you will get a prompt to provide file path from you local system. Give file path of the file (text format) containing March Data in the format provided in the document of the above IMG activity.

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Well for first 3 months u have to take care as once the amount is deducted system will understand that its already reported also. From april onwards u can use teh SAP system to generate the reports.

Anyway u can store data as legacy data for teh first 3 month and can run the payroll through payroll schema INLK. in that case u can use the data for the reporting of all 4 months before go-live.

Check the SAP Note 506128 for legacy data transfer.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Praveen/VK

It is not the actual PF amount that of Jan, Feb, and March. They have declared increments in March effective Jan of current year. Only these amounts (PF Arrears) are not yet paid to PF Dept.

So, this increment part is not considered nor payroll generated as it is done out of SAP and we are goin live for April.

So, March data can be uploaded thru BADI that i am doing it now. But, what about the arrears amount that along with April PF Amount that gonna pay to PF Dept.

The PF Arrears should be cumulated to current months PF contributions and to be paid to Dept.

any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Regards

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sadhar,

can u share the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We have increased the PF Basis by creating a wage type and assigned to employee.

Its a work around.

Regards

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sadhar i need to know which standard wt to be copied if i want to make a' PF arrear WT'?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnq.