cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyStaff tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

what needs to be configured to enable the manager to approve the leave request and trip expense request in the ESS. There is an iview Leave Request: Approval available in PCD. Using overview function I found out, that the workflow in Leave request is working fine and the workitems are delivered to manager correctly. How can I assing this i-view to manager. Is there any standard role predefined in system for a manager, which could be assing to him and he will then get a new tab for approval or it needs to be customized? I didnt find the same "approval screen" i-view in PCD for travel. Does it exists? Where it is possible to define the worflow scenario for travel approvals?

Thanks a lot.

L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

WIth what absence you have raised the leave request, Check whether it has WF assigned in WS12300111? now check to whom this leave request is routed using SWIA or Rptarqdbview you ll

see it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as you are confirming that the same issue persist with travel workflows the issue is with uwl setup. lets focus on workflows first.

1. In your ERP system go to SWU3 tansaction and Press F5.

2. Run transaction SBWP and check if there is any workitem with subject 'First step in workflow verification'

3. Go to the uwl and check if you find the same workflow

if in step 2 you see a worklfow in Inbox then workflow setup is fine and we shall focus only on setting up uwl.

I have provided the link already which has details of uwl settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any documentation concerning the customization of the UWL? Because I did first three steps and the work items are still not delivered to managers UWL.

How doest it work in travel management? If the travel request/travel expense form is created, there is possibility in the ESS application to save or save and send for approval. Where can I define the approval workflow. Here I have the same problem as in Leave request. The work items are not delivered to manager.

Thanks a lot.

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please provide following information

The UWL config url is attached.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/39/a1bb5c4c0d4ab4a417e87ef35f1efa/frameset.htm

You need to create R/3 system and map the same to the uwl in the administrator iview.

The below steps are to check the basic workflow setup, your issue is not with ESS settings its either with UWL or with workflows.

If you are looking for a solution please do following and reply.

1. how is the manager and employee linked in ERP system. (is it a direct reportee or the leave goes to the head of the organizaiton unit.

2. In your ERP system go to SWU3 tansaction and Press F5.

3. Run transaction SBWP and check if there is any workitem with subject 'First step in workflow verification'

4. Go to the uwl and check if you find the same workflow

Please reply above so that we can help.

For details on workflow in Travel management please follow the link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/d5/202038541ec006e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Edited by: Barin Desai on Apr 20, 2009 8:42 PM

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all there is nothing to be assigned to anyone for the iviews to appear.

Under UWL you ll get the workitems if the person assigned is the manager ie the workitems

are going to him. use theWF WS12300111 in V_t554s_web, check it in PTARQ trans code

Also read the note 779075 for the customisation of SWFVISU . entries should be available if not

add it.

Please do the customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

what siddharth means is you donot have to attach the iview if you want to achieve the functinality of leave approval.

however if you want to utilise the iview without workflow then there is a need to attach the iview.

Your requirement will be met with standard functionality.

There are customers who have implemented leave approval without workflow where there is a need to attach the iview to role.

in your case as siddharth advised just complete the config and using uwl the functionality will be available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear L

Leave approval iview is part of the leave workflow and SAP advises the execution of the approval through workflow or using individual iview.

if you are looking at using only iview then the details are provided below.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/f6/263359f8c14ef98384ae7a2becd156/frameset.htm

The name of the iview is com.sap.pct.erp.ess.leaverequestapprover. It is not available under MSS as an application but you can add the same.

Regards

Barin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see the approval screen.

when manager logged in on the portal you can see the HOME tab over there , double click on that , then you can see My Approvals , double click on that ,, then you can see the list of work items ( approval list) that need to approve, reject etcu2026 then ... click on of work item then its will open that work item ,,,, see the details and manager can Approve , Reject etc.