cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing and CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can E-Sourcing and CLM be on the same server? What is the impact?

Also, according to the 5.1 sizing guide, it appears that KM and TREX are also required.

I want to understand that if KM is only for some contract storage, can I go with a storage that we already have in place, we got a storage server that keeps our invoices. What is the impact?

Are these components are essentially be on different physical servers?

Please let me know where can I get the information.

Thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. But however you might need to scale your baseline database size/database server depending upon volume of data you are planning to store expecially attachments and contract documents.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the updates and answers, however the SAP guide does state a seperate DB server with the additional servers for TREX, KM, CLM, and E-sourcing. And not all oft hese are required they are optional.

The guides are just that - guides. These requirements are not set in stone. If your requirements are for a small number of users and small number of contracts then the CLM (IIS) can be loaded on the same server as the DB and E-sourcing. Not likely.

You need to gather the correct sizing requirements based on your business processes/functions, throughput, user community, storage and storage system of choice (may not be KM/TREX) and decide how to architect your solution.

The big question is what processes and functions are going to be used in SRM/CLM - this will decide if you wait for SRM 7.0 with CLM or install the E-sourcing (Frictionless) solution and the architecture that is required depending on which of these applications you currently own and have in Production.

Thank you,

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS

Please find answers to your queries

Can E-Sourcing and CLM be on the same server? What is the impact?

Its better to keep them separately as the contract generation webservice will be loaded with the contract reository, it might affect the performance of the system. Its better to keep the sourcing module separate from the contracts module, please also refer the installation and config guide for SAP recommendations

Also, according to the 5.1 sizing guide, it appears that KM and TREX are also required.

*I want to understand that if KM is only for some contract storage, can I go with a storage that we already have in place, we got a storage server that keeps our invoices. What is the impact?

KM and Trex will be used for Contract search, search includes Metadata search also.

Incase you have the TRex engine already up and runnign, you can use that itself pointing it to the Contract generation webserver*

Are these components are essentially be on different physical servers?

Preferred to be on different servers

Please let me know where can I get the information.

Try and contact SAP and without fail check the installation and config guides for the recommendations

Regards

Tridip

Edited by: Tridip Chakraborthy on Apr 15, 2009 8:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Thanks much for your response and guidance. Also, do we need an additional Database server for E-Sorucing Server, apart from the Baseline Database that gets installed with the sourcing installation.

Thanks

JS