Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the domain controller

hannover_sap-basis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have to change the domain controller. I also use an backup domain- controller in the TMS. Unfortunately, I can't find any notes.

Best regards

Lutz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

Assign a backup controller to the transport domain. On the backup controller system you can "promote" the backup controller to transport domain controller.

Go to the transaction STMS => Overview => Systems => Extras => Activate Backup Controller

Good kuck,

Hay

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Sorry for replying on old post."

By doing the above mentioned changes domain controller will be changed however old transport directory will be in use.

How to change it automatically (I know manually u can change the TRANSDIR & DIR_TRANS).

Is there any other way other than manually copying all the trans-> directories & files

Regards,

Rajneesh

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

You cannot change the name of the transport domain afterwards without reconfiguring the domain controller and thereby the entire transport domain

1.Configure the SAP System you want to use as the new domain controller as the backup domain controller.

2. Activate the previous domain controller as the backup domain controller.

follow this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/36/22cdf2e00311d184800000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Apr 22, 2009 10:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will move this thread to the Software Logistics forum as this is not related to SAP Transportation Management as a solution (Logistics, moving trucks and containers) but rather to system settings as such.

Kind Regards,

Bjoern