cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle software not installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I'm trying to install ECC 6.0 SR3 on Windows Server 2003 SR2 x64 in a RAC environment. I installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 and patched to 10.2.0.4. (lastest version).

When I tried to install SAP using sapinst I am getting the following erroru2026

u201COracle software not installed. Install Oracle softwareu201D

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Iqbal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the Oracle software using the script "sapserver.cmd"? If not and you used "setup.exe" then the environment and other things are not properly configured.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Some times if the software get corrupted you have this type of issues.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all as this issue has been resolved....

I had a space in the dir name that was giving the error..."oracle database" had to make it "oracledatabase"

Regards,

Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

Are you aware of the RAC for SAP on Windows white paper: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f92ae734-0d01-0010-0496-d4254eb8...

regards

Abdel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled Oracle and am trying to use "sapserver.cmd", when i double click, nothing happens....

Please advise?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open a command prompt

drag and drop sapserver.cmd onto that black box comamnd prompt)

press ENTER on that black box

post resulting error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used setup.exe, can you please let me know of what config i need to have in place?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The configuration and Oracle features used are in the response file - that's why the installation guide says to use "sapserver.cmd" to install the Oracle software. This is the only supported way of doing it.

sapinst relies on environment variables and registry keys that the response file sets.

I HIGHLY suggest to uninstall the Oracle software and use the supported way of installing it.

Markus