cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program position with any currency for availability check - PS/IM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

1. Controlling area currency is USD. Local currency is BRL. We do purchase req.(CJ20n) for materials and services in USD, BRL and EUR. The P.O. is done in a second moment through MM.

2. Investment program uses USD for checking availability control. The currency for any program position is also USD.

3. System performs the availability control using exchange rate cat. "M" in OB08. We buy within one of those 3 currencies (USD, BRL and EUR), it translates to USD, and then we see how much was committed in USD.

Because of these differences between dates in exchange rates, the client wants the system to perform availability check with any currency.

For exemple: if we have USD 1000 in program position on 04.15.09 at rate of BRL 2,40 we would have BRL 2400 to purchase. If the P.O. is posted in a different date with a different exchange rate we would have more (or less) value to purchase depending on the rate, say 06.15.09 rate is 3,0 we would have BRL 3000 in local currency.

The client doesn't want this to happen. they want to commit only the first value.

They want that in IM program position would have for branch XYZ 3 different limits, one for each currency say 1000 USD, 2000 BRL and 1000 EUR. When P.R. is done it would check what currency is buying, perform availabilty check and then commit only the value requested and avoid increase or decrease values in local currency.

As long as I know IM standard doesn't work this way. Some thoughts and ideas would be a great help.

Best Regards,

Ubiratan Chaves.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ubiratan,

I understand that you are doing availability control on USD (controlling area currency), although the statement in your point 2. should be corrected - the availability control is not tied to the IM program but to the budget profile used in the project...

Availability control per transaction currency is not possible...you can have availability in controlling area currency, as you have...or in object currency (which for a project in your case would have to be local currency)...you can try this, but it only works if your project hierarchy is using the same currency (I just faced a similar issue and had to also use USD because the proejct had multicurrency WBS in it...)

Bottom line...maybe you can try "adjust" the budget to the currency fluctuations with transaction IMCRC3...the idea would be to use a specific exchange rate type that has the current exchange rate and run this transaction to "trim" the budget to the real exchange rate...

hope it helps,

Luis

0 Kudos

Thanks for helpful inputs.

When I wrote item 2, I jumped some steps. In OPS9 we are using object currency which is also USD in IM.

I told them this in first place but now they want to avoid to antecipate fluctuating exchange rates between the object and foreign and controlling area currencies...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to maintain same price then only its possible

0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Let me see if I understood correct, If I have 3 different currencies with the same amount (3000 USD, 3000 BRL and 3000 EUR) then would be possible. How is it going to perform availability control in first moment and how is it going to do postings and settlement?

I will have to change the ongoing program which works with USD as object currency in IM and USD as Controlling Area currency.

Regards,

Ubiratan