Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status profile (T code BS02)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Which status profile control MRP requirements? If no, how to configure a new business transaction related to MRP requirements?

Pls advise. Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically MRP will be handled by PP which is a vast area and honestly speaking, I dont have much knowledge in that area. Hence, it would be appropriate if you post this question in PP forum.

If somebody explains the procedure, I will take inputs from them.

However, in a nutshell, I can brief how MRP can be addressed

1) Maintaining scheduling agreement in ME31L

2) Maintaining source list and quota arrangement

3) Block scheduling agreement whichever is not required

4) Both for in-house and subcontract, quota to be maintained in MEQ1

5) Relevant datas to be maintained in MRP views of material master

6) Maintain schedule quantity in MD61

7) Run MRP at plant level in MD01 and material level in MD02

😎 MD16 to display list of Planned Order at plant level and MD79 to display list of PIR.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thx for your valuable advice. I'm sorry that I have not clarified clearly.

Here the status profile is to control whether sales orders can be processed further. After reviewing the process, I found there are two issues:

1. How to prevent sales orders from transferring MRP requirements until the status profile is set as "ok".

2. How to make the status profile validate for the specific plant (B).

Background: MTO scenario. The status profile is assigned to the order type ZTA1. ZTA1 can be created against plant A, or B.

Request: Customer just reviews the orders against plant B by using status profile. In other words, Those orders cannot transfer MRP requirements when order creation. Until clicking "ok" in the status profile, the orders can automatically transfer MRP requirements.

My comments:

1. Any chances to add new business transaction in status profile? Except MRP requirements, the standard status profile can control delivery creation, etc.

2. Any better solutions to control MRP requirements transfer? Orders against plant A require MRP requirements transfer once saving orders. But, plant A & B uses the same order type, i.e. the status profile is valid for those two plants. Moreover, many orders are already created in the system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any advice?